Vanila Quest 2 - Brothers Durnog - giant death and respawn questions

By kojiro2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

New to Descent and loving it. Playing as the Overlord.

Couldn't find this on the forums so here goes...

Imagine that Heroes haven't found either stoneheart and have just killed the first giant during their turn. Giant comes off the board with 2 wounds as the timer.

Now OL has his turn.

Q1: Does the first wound timer come off the giant at the end of the OLs current turn? Or does the re-spawn countdown start at the end of his following turn?

(The quest guide says the OLs "next" turn which can sometimes be ambiguous)

Either way, eventually at the end of an OL turn, Giant comes back to life 8 spaces away from a ranged/magic Hero who has a Guard order.

Q2: Can that Hero take an interrupt attack at the re-spawned Giant? Is it still considered to be the OL turn?

(I gave Heroes the benefit of the doubt and the Giant took 5-7 wounds as soon as his feet hit the ground.)

We played this quest again yesterday. I played it that 1 wound token came off a healing giant at the end of the OL's turn in the same round that he was killed.

As for the Guard question, I'm not sure, because the giant is placed back on the board at the end of the round and so the OL's turn has already finished... Guard let's you interrupt the OL's turn and seeing as it has finished I don't think you can use Guard...

I'm sure one of the heavyweights around here may be able to help you more if I'm wrong.

Kojiro said:

Imagine that Heroes haven't found either stoneheart and have just killed the first giant during their turn. Giant comes off the board with 2 wounds as the timer.

Now OL has his turn.

Q1: Does the first wound timer come off the giant at the end of the OLs current turn? Or does the re-spawn countdown start at the end of his following turn?

(The quest guide says the OLs "next" turn which can sometimes be ambiguous)

The first heart is removed at the end of the OL's next turn. His current turn, by your terminology.

Kojiro said:

Either way, eventually at the end of an OL turn, Giant comes back to life 8 spaces away from a ranged/magic Hero who has a Guard order.

Q2: Can that Hero take an interrupt attack at the re-spawned Giant? Is it still considered to be the OL turn?

I'd say yes, the hero could guard-attack the giant right away. This event happens "at the end of the OL's turn." The "end of the turn" is still part of the turn; specifically the last part of the turn, after everything else has been completed, but still part of the OL's turn and therefore valid for guard interrupts.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your feedback!

Food for thought....