New token at TOY: Tesla Generator

By XcomSquaddie, in Tannhauser

New token, The Tesla Generator:

www.tannhauser-thegame.com/ixm_ixpnews.php

Tentative translation:

Tesla Generator
In January of 1952, as Operation Daedalus is in full swing, Project SVAROG developed an improved design for The Magnifier. The addition of a portable generator to the condensers of Zor'Ka's Combat Armor made it possible to amplify the resonance to higher frequencies, thus allowing a greater discharge of power .

The Tesla Generator allows the player to reroll one die (except natural 1's) whenever the the Magnifier is used in a direct attack. Additionally, if Zor'Ka rolls at least one success on the attack roll, the targetted character is moved one additional space away from Zor'ka. This movement must be to a free adjacent space, in the direction of the attack, and must be on the same Path.

If the affected character cannot be moved by the discharge, add one additional success to the Attack roll.

Corrections or input by multi-linguists is both appreciated and very welcomed.

Oh, and apologies in advance. I don't have the Novgorod set, so I'm not sure what a Magnifier, Zor'Ka or Project SVAROG are.

It's entirely understandable though. I mean, the expansion set has only been published in France for, what, like a year? 18 months? And, the difficulties in finding a competent translator? Oh wait. That must be tough. In the basic game we have the Reich swearing fealty to the INFERIOR WORLDS ??!?!?! enfadado.gif

(I'll give you a hint FFG. IT's supposed to be UNDERWORLD !!! partido_risa.gif )

Ok. I'm calm.

But at least FFG today announced - here - that Op Novgorod is now "coming soon!" As they did with Runebound's Frozen Wastes expansion, which is over a year in the pipeline.

Knockback! Hooray!!!

docsavagepu8.png?t=1231460879

Keep in mind that the Reich is fairly arrogent, so they would no doubt view another plane of existence filled with demons that can tear through divisions of tanks as being inferior. I mean, come on. They need fleshbags like us to invite them over. How bad can they be?

Reminds me a little of Heroclix with the Knockback rule. Great concept however might be a little hard to do with the maps for Tannhauser. With Heroclix there were a lot more squares to move around. Although I do like the pathfinding system of Tann I don't think this ability will play to large of a role in the expansion. Mostly just a fun perk for the gamers.

I nice expansion would be a Trooper Set. Comes with three more Union and Reich troopers and perhaps some new armor or equipment. It would be better for story mode to see one Hero leading four troopers and reaching the objective.