Number of Ballistic Mechadendrites

By Nightsorrow2, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Greetings fellow heretics, I mean faithfull servants of the God Emperor.

Recently, my RP group has restarted our Dark Heresy campaign, with me as the new GM, the old one being out of town (wich lead to cancelling the game)

Anyhow, one of my players is a Tech-Priest, and we have a question regarding the ballistic Mechadendrites. It says in the rulebook that:

"The Tech-Priest may use this mechadendrite as his Reaction for the round or as a Half Action Attack on his own turn, but it can only be fired once per round. The Tech-Priest uses his full Ballistic Skill for the attack.”

Now, what happens if you have several Ballistic Mechadendrites? Can you fire them all, or only one of them? Also, when fired as a reaction, I read it as it can be used "in the end of the round", as in, after everyone else has done their turn, the Tech-priest can fire his mechadendrite, if he has not used his reaction to dodge/parry. Is this correct, or does he have to do it in his turn, but can use either a reaction, or a half action (if he suspects he will need to dodge/parry soon)?

Gratefull for any clarification on this.

I think all the mechadendrites can fire( I think additional work has to be done to them if you want them to link and focus fire on one target).

Are you asking does the player have to commit to saying he will use this ability as a reaction, rather then just waiting and seeing if he will need it? I would say he could just wait, of corse if he did end up having to parry there went his chance at using them this round.

It can be fired once per round.

It can be fired as your attack for that round or as your reaction.

To fire two of them as an attack, they would count as dual wielding two pistols. All appropriate penalties apply. You would only be able to fire one as a reaction.

Agreed with ItsUncertainWho. The "spend Reaction to fire" can be used at any time, either held until just before the Tech-Priest's turn in order to preserve a possible Dodge/Parry for the last second, or at any other juncture. However this does only allow one to fire.

I would treat multiple Ballistic Mechadendrites in a manner identical to Two-Weapon Wielder, or for larger numbers, Multiple Arms (without the characteristic bonuses). Fire one as a Half-Action, fire them all as a Full Action with attendant penalties.

Multiple mechadendrites can most definitely not be fired with a single reaction - you can't use a reaction for both a dodge and a Furious Assault second attack either.

By the way: Until now, there is no way to fire multiple mechadendrites via reactions. The only additional reaction that doesn't have any specification like "can only be used to parry" comes from a Kroot-only talent.