Question about Russia Tech Stealing....

By Evenglare, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

So if i decide to steal a tech from a city, and the opponent has an army there, do i have to fight the army or can I sac my unit and get a tech ?

You can't station armies or scouts in your own cities. You can only move armies (or scouts in the case of russia) onto opposing cities.

edit. Nevermind , awesome.

EvilAmarant7x said:

You can't station armies or scouts in your own cities. You can only move armies (or scouts in the case of russia) onto opposing cities.

Actually you can station armies or scouts in your own cities to be protected by the city (via battle points) or by adding+3 to the defense. Basically if you have a city and and an army stationed there, the total Battle stack is 6 (three from the army + three from the city). The result is a tough city to crack. The downside is that the defender is stuck there and not on the offensive.

Maarek said:

EvilAmarant7x said:

Actually you can station armies or scouts in your own cities to be protected by the city (via battle points) or by adding+3 to the defense. Basically if you have a city and and an army stationed there, the total Battle stack is 6 (three from the army + three from the city). The result is a tough city to crack. The downside is that the defender is stuck there and not on the offensive.

Nope sorry. From the Rules in the Movement section under Friendly and Enemy Cities:

A player may move their figure through their own city centers, but they may not end any figure's movement in their city center.

And you build new figures in a city outskirts AND the rules also state if their are friendly figures in the same space as a scout when it builds a city they are moved to the city outskirts.

So there's really no way to get a figure into a city.