2 quick questions

By player769046, in Battlelore

Please let me pose 2 quick questions:

1. Is there a central site where one can download user-made BL scenarios? (like for M44)

2. Now I am about to paint my BL core+expansion minis. The dwarfs and goblins are not the problem. The men are. I often see that other painted the men according to color (green, blue and red) Shouldnt they be painted rather in 2 factions styles (french and english) instead of colors? Is there something I am overseeing?

Many thanks for opinions and tipps.

1. Unfortunately not really, one user on this forum has downloaded and has a copy of all the custom user made maps that were made while Days of Wonder had the game.

2. I painted my miniatures and I chose to go with the Green, Blue, Red paint scheme, though I inverted the colors to differentiate between English and French and used different color schemes. If I redid it I might consider just simply doing realistic colors and dividing French and English more, but it is very helpful during game play to at a glance see where the Heavies (Red) Medium (Blue) and Light (Green) troops are located at.

Well I just found an interesting site which is probably not well frequented but have a dozen or so inofficial scenarios.

If you are interested you can find it here:

http://www.battleloremaster.com/adventures_unofficial.html

The Battlelore Master site is sadly now going defunct - though Universalhead, who designed and ran the site is going to leave it up.

Aside from this most of the other files and stuff are available through BGG - rules and official updates are available through the FFG site. There is an apparently excellent German site dedicated to BL - but I'm not sure how much is available in English sorry.

As for painting the minis - I think colours is better than factions - only because both factions use the colours, and it therefore allows more flexibility - so one side might have more than half the Archers for example, and the other more than half the cavalry and so on - the banners do the work of dilineating the faction - a paint scheme reflective of colour may just help to visually orient yourself during play (or at least speed this up).

Just my perspective.

Cheers,

Giles.