Deck Construction

By mi-go hunter, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

My recently purchased asylum packs are being shipped (****, I can't wait!) so I must inquire: is there any limit to how many factions you can place in a custom deck? Or is two the maximum? In addition, in order to creat a functionable tournament deck, must you stock up on multiple copies of cards to have a good chance of winning?

mi-go hunter said:

My recently purchased asylum packs are being shipped (****, I can't wait!) so I must inquire: is there any limit to how many factions you can place in a custom deck? Or is two the maximum? In addition, in order to creat a functionable tournament deck, must you stock up on multiple copies of cards to have a good chance of winning?

For tournament decks having three copies of every card is almost a must. If you only have two copies, the chance for a card to turn up in the game is typically too low.

jhaelen said:

mi-go hunter said:

There is no limit to the number of factions in a deck. I've already seen working four-faction decks in the LCG, but resourcing must be done very carefully with such a deck.

For tournament decks having three copies of every card is almost a must. If you only have two copies, the chance for a card to turn up in the game is typically too low.

Great, thanks! I guess assembling a deck for tournament purposes doesn't sound that appealing anymore, as it sounds rather pricey to buy 2 more core-sets just for perhaps a few more cards that I need. I'll stick with casual play.