Newbie Question14:Dark Charm

By pusapapa, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

When OL plays OLcard-dark charm,OL chose one hero attack another hero.Who decide what weapon?what ability can be used for this attacking?

pusapapa said:

When OL plays OLcard-dark charm,OL chose one hero attack another hero.Who decide what weapon?what ability can be used for this attacking?

FAQ pg 7
Q: When the overlord is controlling a hero through “Dark Charm,” who decides how to spend the surges and power dice? Can the overlord move the character and attack, or just make a single attack without moving?
A: The overlord controls the hero for that attack , including the hero’s use of surges and power dice. The overlord may also play cards such as “Aim” with the attack. However, the overlord player cannot move the character, or force the hero to spend fatigue to add to the attack. The hero no longer benefits from any heroes with Command, but does receive a bonus from any of the Overlord's figures with command.

The OL controls the hero for the attack. The OL can only use whatever weapons the hero is equipped with (or fists) because he is only in control for the attack , not for any equipping or requipping.
All the heroes skills are applied - the hero is making the attack under the OL's control. But note that many skills and abilities will not be applicable because they cost fatigue or apply after attacks and the OL cannot spend the hero's fatigue. Blessing for example still works 'in general', but specifically does not help the hero because he is not friendly to himself anymore (being under control of the OL he is friendly only to monsters and benefits from any monsters with Command).

Stop whatever you are doing now, and download a copy of the FAQ from the support page.
Learn how to use the find function.
Soon you will be helping answer questions as often as asking them. cool.gif

Pusupapa, can you tell me how you are renaming threads (adding '(solved)' mostly)? I can't figure out how and need to renumber some FAQ discussion threads in the subforum...

Corbon said:

Pusupapa, can you tell me how you are renaming threads (adding '(solved)' mostly)? I can't figure out how and need to renumber some FAQ discussion threads in the subforum...

English is not my first language.I am not sure whether can let you see,but I try my best

When you reply your topic,below the "reply" figure on the top of current page,you can see the word"edit topic"(color of the words were glay and so small) then click it