Fun weekend

By Warhippo, in Doom

I managed to bag another copy of Doom last week (that makes 3 copies of Doom and a single expansion) so last weekend I had to sort out a plastic crate to put it all in. It's all organised now so I can actually FIND the imps : )

I don't need 3 sets for Doom but the tiles are so cool and useful for other homebrew games that it makes sense to grab the odd copy when they come up cheap on evilbay. Now, if I could just get hold of another expansion set - they're like impossible to find in the UK (at a reasonable price).

Does anyone else have more than one copy of Doom floating around and if so, what do you use them for?

J

Warhippo said:

I managed to bag another copy of Doom last week (that makes 3 copies of Doom and a single expansion) so last weekend I had to sort out a plastic crate to put it all in. It's all organised now so I can actually FIND the imps : )

I don't need 3 sets for Doom but the tiles are so cool and useful for other homebrew games that it makes sense to grab the odd copy when they come up cheap on evilbay. Now, if I could just get hold of another expansion set - they're like impossible to find in the UK (at a reasonable price).

Does anyone else have more than one copy of Doom floating around and if so, what do you use them for?

J

A copy of the expansion in English is available here .

The idea of creating a huge level using components from more sets is cool ;-) but you probably have to augment considerably the frag limit.

It would be nice creating a multilevel "dungeon", recreating the base completely, but probably space and time are major issue with this ;-)

And three copy of the expansion (in German this time) are available here . They are really cheap, so if you need only tiles & miniatures, language issues shouldn't be a problem

Oooh! That looks interesting! Thanks for the pointer : )

Warhippo said:

Oooh! That looks interesting! Thanks for the pointer : )

::wink:: you're welcome

I have 3 copies of the base game and 2 copies of the expansion (picked 2 copies of base and 1 of expansion during the Holiday Sale of 2009, kind of wishing I'd bought more), though I haven't had a chance to do much with them yet. I've opened the base games just to get the engraved dice, but left everything as is for now, haven't even opened up the expansion set yet. I might give the copies to my son (he's 12 now and likes the game, though I might wait until he can take better care of it). I might also make some huge, weekend sized map :)

-shnar