The last Scenario in Creatures (& Rock Elemental)

By sheetyfadi2, in Battlelore

The other night we played creatures for the first time and we played the last scenario. I am not sure if we played it right.

The map indicates that each side has a creature in his army "any creature" but in the special rules it indicates that the standard player also takes the rock elemental, the magic vortex landmark, the conjure token.
So the way we understood playing it is that the standard player can choose to have "any creature" in the designated area on the map "the black flag" which he chose the troll and then he can later place the magic vortex anywhere on the map (but on a country side hex) to conjure the rock elemental. As for the war council, he had to have a creature level one (for the troll only).
Did we play it right? if not how should we have played it?

The second question, if we are playing with the rock elemental only (in any scenario) do we need to have a creature level one in the war council although it is also required to have at least a level one wizard which is "conjured" when the rock elemental is conjured?

What do you think?

Thanks

P.S. I already posted this question on BGG and only one member answered. He also is not sure about the answers.

Since the Rock Elemental is a level one creature, it should require its own, single creature token. When fielded alongside the Troll (as you did in the above-mentioned scenario), it requires one token for the Rock Elemental and one for the Troll for a total of 2 creature levels. If you fielded, say, an Ice Drake with the Elemental, it would take a total of 3 tokens.

That's the way I've played it, anyway.

I would play it the same as awayputurwpn. The player in this case would need two levels on the creature space - one for the Troll and one for the Rock Elemental. And in any adventure where a player takes the Rock Elemental the player must also spend one Lore Council level on the creature space.

Cheers,

Giles.