DUST Tactics

By elysium64, in Dust

Does anyone have any firm details of when the Dust Tactics miniature game is going to be released? I have folowed all the preview links through board game geek and tabletop gaming news and they thought December , yet nowhere is it mentioned on this website, everywhere else there is a buzz, but nothing here?

Id love to have more info about this game.

Originaly it was rumoured that Dust-Tactics was going to use a rule set based on Rackhams AT-43 but now that the FFG - Rackham distribution deal has gone south I'm guessing they've had to go back to the drawing board on the rules. So they have some great figures lurking in some offshore warehouse somewhere ( I do hope so !!??!!) just waiting for some rules to use them so we could be waiting ages for this.

Personally I'd buy the figures on there own even without a rule set to use them.

But we could be talking anything up to a couple of years for a wholely new rule set to be created and playtested. A licenced rule set would probably take the best part of a year for deal to be sorted out and playtested. And then you've got production lead in times - this is just getting depressing thinking about it - we could be looking at anything up to three years.

Come on FFG give us a hint - PLEASE !!!! We've seen the promo's and stuff just put us out of our misery is this project going to fly or is it a dead duck ???

I'm not sure that there was ever any announcement that FFG was handling Dust Tactics... I don't recall seeing that, but I had assumed the same thing as well. I would certainly use the figures for some Tannhauser customs...

I think a model presentation is near to an announcement. Some links

The models look stunning!! aplauso.gif

I fear Doc is right I went back and checked the images on sincityat-43 blog site which had some images of the proposed boxes and could see no FFG logo just Dust Games. So my assumption that FFG would be releasing the game could be a false one.

Also on TGN one of their pieces stated the the game would be a 35mm figure size - this came from one of the sculptors !! So my and Doc's hope that we might be able to use them for Tannhauser might not work either.

Having said that I'd still buy the miniatures and the game. So hopefully FFG might still distribute the english version ?? Hint Hint ?? Any news FFG ???

I found it interesting that with all the news out of Rackham over the last 2 weeks, no mention of Dust. My guess is FFG's connection to the game dies with the distribution deal, but who knows...

From what I know Dust and the proposed Dust Tactics were never an actual Rackham project/property.

I think the designer of Dust the boardgame works/worked/did some work for Rackham but Dust was a private sideline project he did with the creator of the Dust 'verse - Paolo Parente.

The Rackham connection goes that far other than Dust Tactics was going to use a licenced version of AT-43 rules.

Though I stand to be corrected.

I assumed that FFG might pick up the distribution of Dust Tactics because they distribute the English version of Dust the boardgame. That's why I'm hoping that FFG might be able to give us the nod.

I regularly check the Dust official website but they've not posted anything new for the best part of a month now. They've posted a whole load of concept graphics which are great but no solid news for a while.

Has there been any word on "Dust Tactics" anywhere? I saw some pictures on BoardGameGeek.com a short time ago and it caught my interest. More so than the "Dust" boardgame, which doesn't really seem to use the alien technology theme and the fantastic artwork by Paulo to its full potential.

There are some news ? Or the project is cancelled ?

Here Here! We need some more news about this.

In case any of you missed it there was this tidbit from BGG from user brumcg

"According to Tabletop Gaming News, the game's creator Paulo Parente has confirmed that the game will not be out in 2009."

Of course, it's all whispers in the wind - isn't it?

I guess I'll keep waiting like Doc Savage, for new minis.

Resurrection! Can anybody verify or deny the validity of this link (is this a real game or a scam?): www.dustgame.com/index.php ? I was looking for info about the gameplay system for Dust and came across this site... then read all the news about people waiting for "Dust Tactics" and I'm wondering if this is what became of that project or if someone has just set up a fairly nice web page to scam gamers. You'll notice that the similarly titled page www.dust-game.com hasn't been updated in over a year.

I can't verify the validity of the above link but noticed that Tabletop Gaming News just ran an article on Dust Tactics:

www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/03/09/34274

That looks tasty. It's a shame FFG isn't producing it (and that Soviets aren't being released in the first set), but it still looks tasty. Thanks for posting.