carrer and none carrer Skills and advancement

By Lother_Storm, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hello,

I have a question regarding the small box (-> I call it box) on the left side of the career sheets where the possible career advances are in.

That is what I know about it …

1) The 4 career advances skill, wound, talent and action are not dependent on this box.
2) You can choose the left 6 career adv. from the box (restricted to skills on the sheet, …)

But what about none career adv. do they also count against it or not? If yes is a no career skill, 2 skill points in a box because you need 2 adv.?

If none career adv. are not counted against the box, it is easier (but more expensive) in a way to get none career skill then career skills -> for example if you have a career like soldier you have more possible skills then skill points in the box ( + 1 which is you always have to take). So you can take a few career skills but unlimited none career skills

But if they count against it, it is really extreme hard to get not career skills.

Any ideas about it?

Lother

So to advance you have 10 career advances and a number of non-career advances.

Of those 10 career advances you have some options. 4 of those could be of the universal type that anyone can take. The remaining 6 can be combinations of the 6 boxes on the career card or skills that you didn't take at character generation.

Your non-career advances can go to anything stats, skills etc... If you've used up your 10 career advances but still have career skills you could take you can take those as non-career skills also.

You can also use career advances to raise the stats associated with your career, these count as part of your 6 "open" career advances, thus you can never raise a stat higher than 6.

Thx for your answers.

Whan your carrer have 1 fortune in sheet box can u buy second as a non-carrer advances?

No. There is no way to buy additional fortune points with non-career advances. Only characteristic advances, wounds, talents, actions, and skills (and specializatiosn) can be purchased with non-career advances.

too be clear i mean characteristic fortune point

Yes, understood. Those may only be purchased in-career. It appears there is no way to purchase wound threshold or additional actions out of career or beyond the maximum listed on the career sheet (plus the general fixed advances).

jh