It's Time

By KingTut, in Doom

So here's the plan. I bought DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil for PC this weekend, and I feel that the boardgame could be so much more like the videogame, with more weapons, storyline, invaders, etc. This weekend, I plan to start the second (can't forget about shnar's campaign!) "fan made" expansion, which will include new monsters, weapons, revised stats, etc. If anyone is interested in helping or has some great ideas, I'd be happy to compile them in with mine, or have other people help me develop it. I'm certain that we could come up with our own second expansion, especially if it's a group effort.

My ideas so far:

Monsters (Wraith, zombie tentacle commandos, new marines)

Weapons (double-barreled shotgun, grabber)

Scenarios (with more of a goal than "escape through red door")

Revised stats for existing monsters/weapons (ie melee and ranged stats for monster attacks, some monsters weakened/strengthened)

More ideas are welcome!

Make sure you check out the files section over at BGG. Tibbs has posted a bunch of custom creatures/weapons that would be very useful in a new fan-made expansion. I still think creating a "compendium" would be nice to do as well.

-shnar

The last thing I would want to do is limit your own creative energies, but I think Tibbs' homebrew monsters and weapons are one of the best things that's been done to Doom tBG since its release. Seeing other expansion material that was compatible with those would be pretty cool. =)

Steve-O said:

The last thing I would want to do is limit your own creative energies, but I think Tibbs' homebrew monsters and weapons are one of the best things that's been done to Doom tBG since its release. Seeing other expansion material that was compatible with those would be pretty cool. =)

I remember seeing something like this on BGG (or maybe it was the FFG forums), but I can't for the life of me seem to find it! I remember there were rules for the grabber, monster stats with melee attacks as well as ranged, and some other stuff, but I can't find it. I'd really like to, though, because from what I remember, it looked really good. Does anyone have the link(s)?

KingTut said:

Does anyone have the link(s)?

I linked directly to the BGG files in this thread for both of Tibbs' major contributions to Doom tBG. I think the monsters and weapons are included in each of his packages there. (There's also a whole bunch of other stuff I found around the net in that thread)