Multiple suspects with equal guilt?

By Sinuouser, in Android

Hi!

I can't for the life of me find anything clear on this in the rulebook.

We played our first game today, and both Thomas Haas and Vinnie the strangler ended up with the same amount of guilt on them (the most), how would this be handled? Both guilty? Both innocent? It was even more interesting because one player had Vinnie the strangler as innocent and Haas as guilty, and another player had the reverse.

So, either both get their guilty hunch correct, or both get their innocent hunch correct would be my guess? (Don't know which though :P )

Thanks for any help!

/Rickard

The order that the suspects appear on the murder sheet from top to bottom is the tie breaker, with the higher suspect being the murderer.

Ohhh right! I remember reading something about that now that you mention it, it just wasn't in the end part where you add the points up :P

Thanks!

We just had this happen in our game too... can I get a reference on that statement? Cause I still cannot find it in the rules. We ruled it that both were guilty calling it a "they were both in on it" type of thing. Your tiebreaker rule seems fair enough, but I cannot support it (find it) in the rules.

/wolf

Never mind. Found it on page 45. Thanks.

/wolf

GhostWolf69 said:

Never mind. Found it on page 45. Thanks.

/wolf

haha actually never bothered to check up exactly where I read it myself, so thanks for that... a little odd it isn't mentioned anywhere else (maybe should be mentioned in the scoring section of a revised edition?)

at least it's in print :)