Leadship timing

By Falculus, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I know that with Leadership Hero A can allow Hero B to place an order.

(1) At what point during Hero A's turn must he declare which other hero can place the order? (i.e. declare the identity of Hero B)

(2) At what point during Hero A's turn must Hero B declare which order he is placing?

Since allowing another hero to place an order is a substitute for placing an order yourself, it presumably uses the same timing, i.e. any time during the turn.

Antistone said:

Since allowing another hero to place an order is a substitute for placing an order yourself, it presumably uses the same timing, i.e. any time during the turn.

I agree, although I would say that Hero B must declare the order at the same time that Hero A "gives" it to him. ie: Part (1) and (2) would have to happen at the same time, although they could happen at any point during Hero A's turn.

I don't see any reason you'd want to do them at different times even if you could.

Leadership(skill):"It is possible for a hero with Leadership to give another hero a Rest order,and then have that hero activate and recover full fatigue on their turn in the same round that the order was placed" showned on official errata sheet first page

A rest oder may use it at the start of his next turn. Why above said that hero can activate ?

Hero A with leadership gives a Rest order to hero B.

Hero B starts his turn and he recovers his fatigue and declares his action, as normal.

One round.

gran_orco said:

Hero A with leadership gives a Rest order to hero B.

Hero B starts his turn and he recovers his fatigue and declares his action, as normal.

One round.

so so My mistake

Steve-O said:

Antistone said:

I agree, although I would say that Hero B must declare the order at the same time that Hero A "gives" it to him. ie: Part (1) and (2) would have to happen at the same time, although they could happen at any point during Hero A's turn.

Something happened in my game yesterday that made me think of this thread.

Hero A wanted to use Leadership to place a Rest order on Hero B (before Hero B's turn so that Hero B could benefit from the Rest before the OL had a chance to inflict wounds). However, Hero B had a Dodge order still on him from his last turn, and the Dodge does not go away until the start of Hero B's turn. Thus we concluded that Hero A could not place the Rest order on Hero B since a hero "can only have one order at any one time" (JitD page 14).

Does all of that sound correct? Reading the original responses to this thread, it seems we agree that the order produced by Leadership is placed during Hero A's turn , correct?

That all sounds correct.

Correct

Descent Rulebook, pg 14

A hero can only have one order at any one time. A hero
that has already been issued an order cannot receive
another order until the first order is used or removed
(see below).

Absolutely correct, you can't give a new order until the previous order is spent. I think I actually missed that part in previous incarnations.