Monster exhausted and influence vs favor/character tokens

By JohnCraft, in Middle-earth Quest

Hi everybody

Two questions:
1. If during a combat, a monster is exhausted but the hero doesn’t have enough attack value to defeat him (I mean, if we add all the attack values of all his cards, the hero is not exhausted and still the monster is not defeated), in this case neither the monster or the hero is defeated nor both are exhausted, so what will happen?

2. If Sauron puts an influence token in a place where there is a favor token and/or a character token, should I return them to the favor and/or character pool?

Thanks!

JohnCraft said:

1. If during a combat, a monster is exhausted but the hero doesn’t have enough attack value to defeat him (I mean, if we add all the attack values of all his cards, the hero is not exhausted and still the monster is not defeated), in this case neither the monster or the hero is defeated nor both are exhausted, so what will happen?

2. If Sauron puts an influence token in a place where there is a favor token and/or a character token, should I return them to the favor and/or character pool?

#1: Monster/minion is undefeated, so Sauron gets to add influence equal to Wisdom of the monster/minion. Monster token still gets discarded though. If the combat took place during the Travel Step, Hero turn ends (unless Thalin).

#2: No. There is one Plot, Urgent Summons that removes character(s) from the location it is played on and there are a few Events that cause favors to be removed. Otherwise, once on the board, they stay until the heroes collect them/consult with the character.

Thanks Dam! I was playing wrong preocupado.gif