question - house bolton cards

By Kopos, in A Game of Thrones LCG

"Abandoned Fort" states "kneel it to return attacking Bolton character to its owner's hand".

Scenario: i play "the bastard's elite" and my opponent wins an axe challenge against me. so, he takes control of it.
Question: if i kneel "abandoned fort" to return "the bastard's elite" to its owner's hand, does it return to my hand?i.e., am i stil its owner?

thanks!

Kopos said:

"Abandoned Fort" states "kneel it to return attacking Bolton character to its owner's hand".

Scenario: i play "the bastard's elite" and my opponent wins an axe challenge against me. so, he takes control of it.
Question: if i kneel "abandoned fort" to return "the bastard's elite" to its owner's hand, does it return to my hand?i.e., am i stil its owner?

thanks!

If he won a Military challenge against you to take control of them that would not change who owns them. You are still the card owner. If he then attacked with them in another challenge Abandoned Fort would return the card to your hand.

You own all the cards in your deck. Ownership never ever changes during a game.

It's worth to mention that cards always go to the owner's hand, deck, shadow, discard or dead pile when they leave play. So when card says "return it to your hand" it still goes to the owner's hand, not yours (unless you are the owner of course). There are some exceptions, but it will be stated explicitly on the card (e.g. Balon Greyjoy from King's Landing).

ps. It's better to ask in the rules section. Not many people look down here.

thanks for the reply!

~Unless you borrowed the card. Then you have to stop the game and go to the owner and put it in his hand. :P