UK Nats?

By Wolf in the Meadow, in UFS Uk Forum

I have been a bit distracted by work over the last few months so I seem to have missed the announcment for the UK Nats? Could anyone provide me with any info, please?

Venue, date, etc?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Me.

I don't thik that there has been an announcement for it yet...

Nope, no announcement yet. There is still some discussion as to when they should even happen, the Nationals are meant to happen after teh Regionals in theory. This would put them some where around July or August, with GenCon being one suggested venue. Lots of things to sort out first, what does everyone else think?

Gen Con seems fine to me, I'm not sure where that would leave the team Nationals though.

I've got no problem with having them both at Gen Con myself but I'm sure a lot of people would rather kill themselves than play in 2 national events over the course of the same convention. Or at least kill all of the control players in the area anyway gui%C3%B1o.gif

Also, as far as I know there haven't been any announcements yet on whether Gen Con is even being held this year so does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

I would suggest Game 09 but after the low turnout for SC Nationals last year I'm unsure whether it would get the attendence and I don't know of many other conventions suited to hosting UFS Nationals. If there is no Gen Con 2009 I expect both the standard and team Nationals would just be run as a standalone event in one of the more central cities which has a UFS playerbase.

If nats aren't before rotation I'm SO quiting... It's taken a year to get my Chester deck not only back to where it was but BETTER than it was last year... And now Chester may not even be legal?!?

*explodes*

Wolf in the Meadow said:

If nats aren't before rotation I'm SO quiting... It's taken a year to get my Chester deck not only back to where it was but BETTER than it was last year... And now Chester may not even be legal?!?

*explodes*

The UK Nats wasn't going to be before Rotation long before the Regionals idea even came up. Quite apart from the fact that organsiing it for before Feb/March would be very difficult indeed, the vast majority of players asked (both in person and on these/theold boards) wanted it post rotation.

However, as soon as the Regionals programme was introduced, it needed to be pushed right back until after they'd all finished, so July/August at the earilest as Steve said in an earlier post.

i know the daughter of gencon uk organiser so i can try and ask her to give me some info on the event if anyone is interested.

as for teams and nationals at the same time, id rather cut my eyes out with a brick tbh, that time of year its so hot we would all stew in D&D geek sweat and i dont think we woud have enough daisy or edee to keep the larpers fed and happy for more than a day.

i can just see people not bothering with the teams event and just coming for the next day or whatever way round it would be done. two days is viable but it would have to be a 3 day event with nationals taking up two days and teams taking another day on top.

my tuppence