RTL - fleeing a dungeon: heroes leave "at the same time"?

By Falculus, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Rulebook page 18: (bold emphasis mine) "If the heroes decide that things are too grim for them to continue on inside a dungeon, they can decide to leave a dungeon and not come back. To do this, they must simply all return to Tamalir at the same time (via glyphs of transport – see “Using Buildings” on page 21) and announce that they’re fleeing the dungeon."

What the heck does "at the same time" mean? Individual hero turns are discrete events, right?

They have to all be in Tamalir at the same time. It doesn't matter if one of them spent 2 turns hanging around in town and then everyone else joins, as long as they're all there when they flee.

Falculus said:

Rulebook page 18: (bold emphasis mine) "If the heroes decide that things are too grim for them to continue on inside a dungeon, they can decide to leave a dungeon and not come back. To do this, they must simply all return to Tamalir at the same time (via glyphs of transport – see “Using Buildings” on page 21) and announce that they’re fleeing the dungeon."

What the heck does "at the same time" mean? Individual hero turns are discrete events, right?

The Descent rules are not always as clearly written as they could've been. Individual hero turns are discrete, and I can see how you got confused by the passage above, but what it means to say is that they must all be in Tamalir at once and then collectively declare they aren't going back to the dungeon.

Thanks guys, that makes more sense.