Clarification on Healing and Skill rules

By v3biker, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Hi Guys, I have a few rules I would like to clear up:

1) Characters who have healing powers (the psychiatrist and the doctor): I know the power only works if a character is in the same space as those characters, but do those powers still take effect if I am simply passing through their location (ie: during movement)? or do I simply have to end my movement in their location for those powers to happen?

2) When I draw a skill card that reads (ie: +1 fight. Text: skill allows you one extra die when using clue tokens for fight checks) , does it mean that I get a +1 to my fight always, and whenever I decide to use a clue token for a fight check, I get to have an extra die as well?

3) This is just a general question, and I was wondering how everyone plays this ability:

When I am playing Harvey the Prof, his special power is that he can reduce all sanity losses he suffers by one, but I associate spell sanity costs with sanity losses as well. Is that how you guys play?

Thanks for the help.

V3

1) Characters who have healing powers (the psychiatrist and the doctor): I know the power only works if a character is in the same space as those characters, but do those powers still take effect if I am simply passing through their location (ie: during movement)? or do I simply have to end my movement in their location for those powers to happen?

Mageith: I think the effect takes place in Upkeep, so no

2) When I draw a skill card that reads (ie: +1 fight. Text: skill allows you one extra die when using clue tokens for fight checks) , does it mean that I get a +1 to my fight always, and whenever I decide to use a clue token for a fight check, I get to have an extra die as well?

Mageith: Good news. There's two separate abilities there. So, yes, always +1 Fight and extra dice for fights

3) This is just a general question, and I was wondering how everyone plays this ability: When I am playing Harvey the Prof, his special power is that he can reduce all sanity losses he suffers by one, but I associate spell sanity costs with sanity losses as well. Is that how you guys play?

Mageith: Bad news. If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. preocupado.gif That just wouldn't be right! Actually there is a FAQ that spells out the difference between costs and losses.

mageith said:

Mageith: Bad news. If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. preocupado.gif That just wouldn't be right!

Half indeed! GAAAAH enfadado.gif !

*runs off to calm himself down

Dam said:

mageith said:

Mageith: Bad news. If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. preocupado.gif That just wouldn't be right!

Half indeed! GAAAAH enfadado.gif !

*runs off to calm himself down

Took the words right out of my mouth and even put a poetic ring to them.

Dam said:

Half indeed! GAAAAH enfadado.gif ! *runs off to calm himself down

I was being conservative. Sorry.