satchel charges question

By Maedhros2, in Tide of Iron

The card says: "Up to two charges can be hurled for 2 MP into an adjacent space or a pillbox from the hex you are in."

If only one charge is used, is the MP cost reduced by one?

The charge can be used against a pillbox if the squad is in the pillbox's hex but what happen to the squad in the pillbox if the demolition squad hurle is charge in the pillbox's hex? nothing? or are they damaged as well? Can a squad run in a pillbox' hex where the pillbox is occupied by a enemy squad, throw is charge and get the hell out of here? I dont think so...

Can i hurle a charge to a level 1 or a level 2 terrain from a level 0 terrain? Like from a beach hex to a level 2 bunker hex?

when using an explosive charge against a bunker(whatever is level is), do the troop inside have cover?

Normandy rulebook page 7: Destructible buildings: "However, squads can still trigger charges which affect the building." But you cannot destroy a building with explosive charges since you must inflict 6 hits at one time. Unless you can detonate two (or more) charges simultanously. Is it possible?

thanks for the help.

The cost is 2MP per charge 'thrown' charge (just like setting charges)

In either case, what this card is allowing the player to do is place charges in adjacent hexes as opposed to just the hex where the demo squad is or into a pillbox without having to enter it. The charges still need to be detonated. Everything else is dramatic license as to how it would look on film.

Throwing charges from level 0 to level 2, that's an interesting question. Not really covered anywhere but I would use this logic to resolve it for my own group. Since level 0 to level 2 terrain is concidered impassible, you could not do so.

Charges do 3 hits of damage (automatic successes) to each unit in the hex. Those units still get to roll their cover for entrenchments, pillboxes, woods, rough, bunker, medic bonus and armor.

As for the buildings, yes it's possible. your demo squad can burn 4 MP to set 2 charges in the building (or throw them to the building in the case of satchal charges). Then with another fresh squad (with an officer or another demo squad) can detonate them the same turn, or you can detonate the charges on the following turn.

Thank you very much for the info, sir.