cybernetic resurrection

By player1420693, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hey all,

I've been playing for a bout 6 months, and for most things the GM and I have been able to fight over definitions and such quite amicably, although we have just come across something that we are having a problem with.

a while ago i died (It happens) and received full cybernetic resurrection from the Mechanicus Secutor (I just leveled rank 4 and wanted to take the alternate rank anyway so worked quite well) The problem we are having is with the line "you gain 2 points of armour to all locations". We took this to mean i gained an additional 2 armour on top of the armour I was wearing, but the GM started to worry that it was making me overpowered to the rest of the group (right before almost taking my hand off with a power scythe!!)

He is now saying that it should be classed as a different set of armour and not counted together, like wearing a flack jacket over a carapace chest, which would mean the only time i would benefit from it was if i was running round naked (and we don't want that to happen again sonrojado.gif )

Anyway, if anyone has any input or precedence over which it should be it would be much appreciated!

*note - first post!!! gran_risa.gif

0.3 said:

Hey all,

I've been playing for a bout 6 months, and for most things the GM and I have been able to fight over definitions and such quite amicably, although we have just come across something that we are having a problem with.

a while ago i died (It happens) and received full cybernetic resurrection from the Mechanicus Secutor (I just leveled rank 4 and wanted to take the alternate rank anyway so worked quite well) The problem we are having is with the line "you gain 2 points of armour to all locations". We took this to mean i gained an additional 2 armour on top of the armour I was wearing, but the GM started to worry that it was making me overpowered to the rest of the group (right before almost taking my hand off with a power scythe!!)

He is now saying that it should be classed as a different set of armour and not counted together, like wearing a flack jacket over a carapace chest, which would mean the only time i would benefit from it was if i was running round naked (and we don't want that to happen again sonrojado.gif )

Anyway, if anyone has any input or precedence over which it should be it would be much appreciated!

*note - first post!!! gran_risa.gif

Basically, what was intended is that the character gains the Machine (2) Trait. The Armor granted from Machine has been stated to stack with worn armor, and also applies against ongoing Fire damage, unlike regular worn armor.

Ultimately, shoot the question off to Mack via the |Rules Question| link at the bottom of the page for official word on the matter. Expect it to take a few days, as the FFG staffers are out of office over the weekend.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Indeed, the intention is that it adds to the characters base armor rate, which stacks with whatever armor is worn.

The trade off becomes you cannot increase your stats manually anymore, you lost whatever +stat investment you had, and there is no way in hell that you are subtle. You are now a giant clomping machine. You are going to be turning heads anywhere you go.

Thats pretty much what I thought, but with that, carapace armour and toughness of 63 he had all but given up on rolling damage against me demonio.gif

Where is it stated that the machine stacks with normal armour, and am I right in guessing that its the same for "the flesh is weak" talent from Rogue trader?

Thanks for the replys though. happy.gif

0.3 said:

Where is it stated that the machine stacks with normal armour, and am I right in guessing that its the same for "the flesh is weak" talent from Rogue trader?

Machine is indeed the trait which The Flesh is Weak gives the Explorator; as well as Techmarines in Deathwatch . As to wear it is clearly stated that armor from the Machine trait stacks with worn armor, check the Deathwatch Living Errata v.1.0 , top of the third page. Some may want to argue and nay say that it's not applicable, but given the systems are intended to be compatible I'd say it applies across the board.

-=Brother Praetus=-

brilliant, much thanks :-)