Are expansions in-app purchases?

By Brine, in Arkham Horror Toolkit

It doesn't specify anywhere. I certainly hope not.

Yup, they sure are.. 99 cents or $1.99 depending on whether it's a small or big box expansion.

zombipuppy said:

Yup, they sure are.. 99 cents or $1.99 depending on whether it's a small or big box expansion.

Maybe I've gotten spoiled with the proliferation of high quality apps at 99 cents with free updates but, to me, charging extra for updates to use existing expansions is a deal-breaker. I was about to download the app when I came across this thread.

...Are you seriously saying you wouldn't spend $20 to fully upgrade all player activities in Arkham to a digital system?

Considering people are spending $5 a pop to replace a token with a plastic figurine, this thing is GOLD. Definately worth the price, I'd actually expect it to cost more.

I just hope we one day see FFG release the full iPad version of the game. I would happily pay full game price to convert the entire thing to a digital gaming experience - iPad board games have worked fantastically in our group... Arkham is just dying for an iPad-iPhone combined app like scrabble....

- Omni

Omnisiah said:

...Are you seriously saying you wouldn't spend $20 to fully upgrade all player activities in Arkham to a digital system?

It doesn't include items or ally cards... Which basicly makes it annoyingly useless. :(

doc_cthulhu said:

Omnisiah said:

It doesn't include items or ally cards... Which basicly makes it annoyingly useless. :(

So, the toolkit replaces ALL of the cards but the items/ally cards? How does that make it useless? I presume because the app doesn't take into account the effects of those cards when rolling dice is all I can figure.

The app is well worth its price, even with the in-app purchases. It speeds up the game tremendously.