RtL Party Movement

By Phos_Hilaron, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In RtL how far can the party move in a game week?

I believe they can move as far as they like, across the board, to any place...

However, I can't find this in the rulebook. The example is that they move to one dungeon only one "space" away from Tamalir.

For example and comparison, Rumors have a "distance" rule...regarding trail length...I understand that...but I can't find anything related to the "distance" that the party can travel.

That being said I've only read the rulebook about twice, so maybe I'm missing it.

Advice?

Phos_Hilaron said:

In RtL how far can the party move in a game week?

I believe they can move as far as they like, across the board, to any place...

However, I can't find this in the rulebook. The example is that they move to one dungeon only one "space" away from Tamalir.

For example and comparison, Rumors have a "distance" rule...regarding trail length...I understand that...but I can't find anything related to the "distance" that the party can travel.

That being said I've only read the rulebook about twice, so maybe I'm missing it.

Advice?

RtL pg10
When moving, the party moves the hero party marker from its current location on the Terrinoth map, along one trail, to a new location.
Hero party can only move one trail per week. Trails are on the physical map and one trail is the 'road' between a location and the next location it is connected to (by the trail). Each trail has a shield symbol for encounters also.
If they purchase the Staff of the Wild it allows them to travel a second trail each week.
They can 'teleport' to Tamalir at the end of any dungeon, and must do so if they flee a dungeon or suffer a TPK in an encounter.
The rule for rumours is the minimum number of trails that must be between the party and the location they place the rumour in. Trails themselves do not have a physical length - they are the very definition of 'a week's travel' rather than a fixed distance (clearly, trails that appear on the map to be physically longer must be easy passage, good roads, flat terrain etc, while trails that appear to be very short must be difficult travel, mountainous, uneven, wooded, no roads etc).

Heroes most definitely cannot move all around the board freely, except for returning to Tamalir during/after a dungeon.

Got it! Thanks. I still haven't played a single game of the AC, so I'm reading up on it. Thanks for the insight.