Tyberos the red wakes gaunlets

By Hardrainfalling, in Deathwatch House Rules

okay any idea of how i'd do rules for these in the game (check out the forge world web site for those who dont know who i am talking about)

basically they look like power claws with chain blades in the palm of terminator power fists

do i combine the powers of a power fist + lightening claws?

or lightening claws with a chainsword ?

Add tearing to a power fist or lightening claw?

Hardrainfalling said:

okay any idea of how i'd do rules for these in the game (check out the forge world web site for those who dont know who i am talking about)

basically they look like power claws with chain blades in the palm of terminator power fists

do i combine the powers of a power fist + lightening claws?

or lightening claws with a chainsword ?

Add tearing to a power fist or lightening claw?

Looks like two weapons in one:

a) the claws which are master-crafted and pack an additional oomph over lightning claws

b) a different, second attack mode which looks like "twin-linked" (or "storm") chainsaws.

Alex

I would say something akin to this:

Relic Gauntlets:
Class: Mounted
Dmg: 2d10+8 E
Pen: 10
Special: Power Field, Tearing, Special
Weight: 55kg
Req: 75
Renown: Hero

Special: Add +2 damage/DoS on the Attack Roll

[Consults copy of Imperial Armour 10]

Right, rules-wise, in the tabletop game, Hunger and Slake (the power weapons carried by Tyberos) can be used as either lightning claws or chainfists, with attacks freely split between the two at the start of each Assault Phase.

Looking at the model, given that the chainblades are separate from the lightning claws (the former are over the palms of his hands, the latter are extending from the tops of the gauntlets), I'd be inclined to give each claw two profiles, one to represent each set of blades, and allow the wielder to choose which one he uses for a given attack. At the absolute minimum, they should be treated as both Master-crafted Chainfists and Master-Crafted Lightning Claws.

If you want to get crazy, as they're super relic weapons, you could give them the stats of chainfists, with the lightning claw special rules, so

2d10 +2x str bonus, E pen 10 powerfield, tearing, +1 damage per degree of success (+2 if you're dual wielding them), no hand held manipulation (but you can push buttons for all the good it'll do ya). Maybe give them the same Relic trait as relic swords, meaning they can break non-relic weapons.

I would keep this simply as May be used as a master crafted chain fist, or lighting claw, not to mention they have to be mounted on term armor, don't have the book on hand so not sure if chain fist get a power field but having the option to parry with a lighting claw is a pretty big deal, i don't think any one would complain about using the weapons, just like tybero'ss rules as ethire one. . Remember to, this guy is pretty much the equal of a chapter master. giving the way his chapter is organized. Fluff wise hunger and slake, his gauntlets, are all so described as one of a kind so they would certainly be relics. I would be leery to put them in the hands of pc.'s for me simply because i wouldn't give them dorn's arrow, or calgars power fist!

I have to hand it to FW, I NEVER NEVER thought i would say this.. THe freaking space sharks are awesome.

BrotherHostower said:

If you want to get crazy, as they're super relic weapons, you could give them the stats of chainfists, with the lightning claw special rules, so

2d10 +2x str bonus, E pen 10 powerfield, tearing, +1 damage per degree of success (+2 if you're dual wielding them), no hand held manipulation (but you can push buttons for all the good it'll do ya). Maybe give them the same Relic trait as relic swords, meaning they can break non-relic weapons.

This might be the simplest way to do things in this case.

-=Brother Praetus=-