Cube format and Building

By cdwalkley, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

Hi All

Hope I am posting in the right place.

I recently found out about the Cube draft when reading Magic forums and wondered if anyone has used it with Cthulhu?

I am starting to put one together from my collection, but if I want all factions, plus neutral, to be equally represented in quantties enough to draft it seems like I'll be having a huge stack of cards by the end of it. I know that is part of the point, but with 7 factions plus neutral, it seems like a lot more than I'd put together for a Magic Cube. I definately don't want to cut any factions out all together.

One thing I searched for was the Cthulhu tournament rules to find out how people usually drafted , but I couldn't find them anywhere. This means I do not know if a drafted deck is 50 cards as normal, or less. Can anyone help with this?

So far it looks like I'm going to wind up with about 70 cards per faction in my cube...

If anyone else is embarking upon such insanity, please let me know if you have any tips or advice.

(PS: I'm not looking to put in one of each of the best cards in the game, just a good range from what I have in my collection)

Thanks

Chris

Hi, Chris,

While there isn't such a format designed so far for CoC, there recently has been some discussion about Cube Drafting . Ofcourse, you're most welcome to share your insights and ideas on the subject. ;)