One thing is still missing in the new Rules

By Veross, in CoC Rules Discussion

One rule is still missing:

Ancient-Ones should not be able to use weapons and (especially!) vehicles. I think if any support is needed for half-god?

Please imagine one of my games where main character was: Cthulhu in Patrol Wagon with 2 x 0.45 Pistols. Lot of, lot of fun! Please just try to imagine the scene...

Veross said:

One rule is still missing:

Ancient-Ones should not be able to use weapons and (especially!) vehicles. I think if any support is needed for half-god?

Please imagine one of my games where main character was: Cthulhu in Patrol Wagon with 2 x 0.45 Pistols. Lot of, lot of fun! Please just try to imagine the scene...

Well, they don't represent the actual ancient ones. They are a mere aspect and reflection of that ancient one's power. If you would have the actual Cthulhu in the game, you probably win. It's just an aspect of the AO's, which might take the shape of a tiny avatar or possessed cultist.

And yes, Cthulhu is famous for doing drive-by shootings, dressed in heavy furs.

...it is still ridiculous.

I remember a very funny game where Cthulhu was totting two tommy guns!

I do agre that might seems a bit silly, but consider giving a AO a curse (which is an attachement) or a Mask ... Why not ?

You might find it ridiculous, but the AO are just representations from ancient powers ... So why being so strict on the way they use new technologies ? I do remember avatars of Nyarla which did live in human startes, on CHAOSIUM RPG ...

OK but Avatars of N. are not AO - so go ahead - let's give them supports.

I think that AO just should not use Weapons and Vehicles, especially Vehicles. It is just to funny for... horror game.

Well, it's also a bit funny for a card game to represent AO ...

There would be problem in term of pattern for those who play against those AO, as they woudn't play Curse, Attachement like Flare Guns to attract other character against your AO. Execration, Breath of the deep and others stuffs would'nt work anymore ...

This is a card game, and you must use the medium that is inherited by this format. Card must get other cards attach, to give boni or mali. Or the AO would'nt be beatable once on the table ...

Yep! I am waiting to put my Cthulhu on a roller-skate... Of course as soon as Card: Vehicle: Roller-skate is released!

Cheers!

gran_risa.gif So would I !!!

My-Cthulhu-on-a-skate beats your Bag-Man-with-the-Necronomicon-on-the-Miska-Skiff !!!