Board warping

By tarasis, in DungeonQuest

I made the mistake of leaving the game board (well all the pieces) out overnight so i could play again this morning. unfortuantly the board along the middle of the top and bottom sections of the board have warped, so its like there are two mini hills.

whats the best option for flattening it? is it possible? i've had it happen before with books but not a board game (though it makes sense that it would)

if you go on dust tactics forum people are discussing that on there and I posted what I found online to solve the problem

tarasis said:

whats the best option for flattening it? is it possible? i've had it happen before with books but not a board game (though it makes sense that it would)

My Runebound board did the same thing when I made the mistake of leaving it on top of the box instead of IN the box for a week or so. When I saw what had happened, I put it under another (very heavy) game box on the shelf for a few hours to flatten it out, which seemed to work fine. I then put it back in IN the box where it has never had this issue before.

I'm not sure why leaving the board in the open air would do this when leaving it inside a box in the same general atmosphere wouldn't, but there you go.

I got Dungeonquest for Christmas and finally got the chance to play it a week or so ago. I opened the box and the board was warped before I was even able to take it out of the box for the first time. The warping causes hills on mine too, to the extent that the tiles have tendency to spin a bit if they are accidentally touched. I e-mailed FFG a week ago about this but have not yet received a reply.

My dungeonquest board warped once, but it was happen just when i leave it on table exposed to sun light. After it turned back flat again with some heavy box on it.