Starting Wounds

By rustorod, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello,

I was looking for a little clarification on a characters starting wounds on Table 1-6 in the Core rulebook. Do you roll a D10 and divide by 2 then add the modifier? Any thoughts.

Thanks.

Roll a d10 then divide by two (rounding up), then add the modifier, yes.

or you could roll a d5 if you have one. or what I personally do is roll 1d10.

1-2 = 1

3-4= 2

5-6= 3

7-8= 4

9-10= 5

Excellent thanks for the replys.

I've found that it's simpler to roll and read the results as is, if the result is above 5, subtract five. Subtraction is faster than division because it removes the element of rounding down. *edit* Rounding up, that's a common mistake and the reason for my alternative system.

1=1

2=2

3=3

4=4

5=5

6=1

7=2

8=3

9=4

10=5

Smokes said:

or you could roll a d5 if you have one

No one will have a d5...its impossible to make a 5 faced 3D shape with equal sides :P

It is a Ten Sided die with the numbers 1-5 listed on the faces twice each. I have a d3 which is a d6 with 1-3 on each face twice.

Although I'm pretty sure you already know that...

You could also have a barrel style die. I have a whole set ranging from d3 to d20.

user4574 said:

Smokes said:

or you could roll a d5 if you have one

No one will have a d5...its impossible to make a 5 faced 3D shape with equal sides :P

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6926275.html

I bought some of these - can't remember the website I bought them from, but this is the design they patented for them - about 18 months ago, in preparation for the DH demo games I was running at GenCon UK that year.

The sides don't have to be an equal shape... there just has to be an equal chance of any given result. Which these, after 18 months of regular use, seem to do quite well.

You can patent a shape? Seriously?