Panzer Killers

By TheProfessor, in Dust Tactics

So I got my new Battle Grenadiers, that comes with the extra model to allow the option of fielding Battle Grenadiers or Panzer Killers.

The Battle Grenadiers come with 2 StG 47 models, 2 Panzerfaust models and one Panzerschreck model. Cool - matches the card.

They throw in an extra Panzerschreck model. Also cool.

But the Panzer Killers card shows 3 StG 47 models, and no Panzerfausts.

The minis don't match the card! I can't make a WSIWYG unit that matches Panzer Killers. The closest I can come is 2 Panzerschrecks, 2 StG 47 and 1 Panzerfaust.

What's the deal? Any thoughts?

That's a bummer. I guess you'll have to play with folks that aren't too hung up with WYSIWYG or use figures from the base box Battle Grenadiers.

I'm just confused - I don't think I got a bad box - I think they are all like this and just don't work out properly.

And WSYWIG is nice for game play so that I don't have to remember who died! :-)

I'm not sure DT was meant to be entirely WYSIWYG, here is an example used from page 20 of the rules:

"Example: a squad of 5 Grenadiers marches into battle with three Panzerfaust.
During the game, three Grenadiers are eliminated. The two survivors still have
three Panzerfaust (if they haven’t used any of them yet.)"

While for the most part you get what you see it does not confine you. I prefer that system myself as it gives you some freedom in customization. This will obiviously play a bigger role when(if) the game goes table-top. A good example I saw was when a Flames of War player had a mini of a mortar that he had kit-bashed to show that the crew had set up shop in a old knocked out half-track. In true WYSIWYG they would recieve protection from light fire and gain a small height advantage and thus cost more points and have to use modified rules. As it was not strictly WYSIWYG it was just a normal mortar crew that happened to look pretty sweet and not cookie-cutter.

Well since you cant get single figures..yet..there are other miniature manufactures who make alternate WW2 figures and you could purchase them armed with just rifles. Or just mark the bottom of the bases to match the squad card your using and not worry about it. I mean when you use a panzer faust you dont take away the model you just mark it off on the card.

I would also like to get the Sgt. model that is shown on the card. IMO for an extra 5 bucks you think they could have included 2 extra models instead of one, so that it matches the card, like it is supposed to.

The extra model is the command squad officer.

The other issue is the extra model doesn't have goggles. He should be equipped with the same stuff as the other guys.

Well to make mine different I just did a head swap with the Sgt. model from the other expansion unit and removed one of the panzerfoust off of the back of the basic troopers and put it on the panzer killer models that I would swap out. I hope that makes sense of what I did. it worked out pretty well.