Extra Game Components/Reprints

By Tomoka, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just recently purchased the Well of Darkness Expansion for Descent and being that I am usually very picky about making sure all of my components come with a game and I try to keep them all (when you pay the money you do for such quality games), I noticed that there are some extra components included.

Instructions say:

- 48 obstacle markers

- 23 trap markers

My game came with 52 obstacle markers and I think (though I may need to recount) 24 trap ones. Not saying extra parts are a bad thing, I'm just curious if that was misprinted in the rules.

My other question was about the replacement cards that come with the game. My copy of the base game already has the replacement cards reprinted in them as the texts and changes are the exact same. Also my original instructions already fixed the '25 coins for Vitality Potion" problem and changed it to "50 coins."

Just curious on these things.

Tomoka said:

My game came with 52 obstacle markers and I think (though I may need to recount) 24 trap ones. Not saying extra parts are a bad thing, I'm just curious if that was misprinted in the rules.

I would say it's more likely a misprint in the book than a misprint on the tile sheets. It's not like extra tokens are going to sneak onto the sprue when no one's watching. Either that or perhaps some of the tokens you're counting as obstacles are actually something else that just has the same shape? I'm assuming this is unlikely as you probably have everything else present and accounted for as well.

Tomoka said:

My other question was about the replacement cards that come with the game. My copy of the base game already has the replacement cards reprinted in them as the texts and changes are the exact same. Also my original instructions already fixed the '25 coins for Vitality Potion" problem and changed it to "50 coins."

Yep, newer printings fixed these things. The corrections are still included in the expansion print runs just on the off chance that someone with an old base game picks up a more recent WoD printing. So you can either keep the spare cards somewhere safe or chuck 'em.

Do you think it's possible to bring my Instruction/Quest Guide book from WoD into Fantasy Flight to ask customer service if they possibly have a more recent printed edition with the corrections made? I'm actually from Minnesota so the Event Center and company printing isn't to far from where I live.

Tomoka said:

Do you think it's possible to bring my Instruction/Quest Guide book from WoD into Fantasy Flight to ask customer service if they possibly have a more recent printed edition with the corrections made? I'm actually from Minnesota so the Event Center and company printing isn't to far from where I live.

I suppose, if you're close enough to go ask them in person, it couldn't hurt. I would be surprised if they had an updated version of the WoD book, but at the very least they should be able to confirm what the real numbers should be.