How to add extra players

By Summersky, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to add additional players to the game making it a 6 player game?

I looked in the home brewed topics and didn't find anything there.

Thanks

Mechanically, it's trivial; you need some extra tokens, but no fundamental rules changes are required.

In terms of balance, though, it's essentially hopeless without a massive rewrite. The game doesn't even scale correctly for the officially supported numbers of players, and while there are mechanisms built into the game to facilitate scaling, they don't work with the game's actual content.

There's no shortage of ideas to try to get the overall win rate roughly in line for a 5-hero party, but almost nothing in the way of testing them, and all the ones I've seen are likely to change the game's strategy as well as its difficulty.

You might take a look at The Enduring Evil , my homebrew mod. It supports 6 players, but it also requires printing a bunch of new cards, and it's not compatible with standard quests.

Thank you for your reply and the link to your home brew - we're doing a 6 player test run Wednesday with the core rules *wish me luck*