A different Righteous Fury

By hellebore2, in Deathwatch House Rules

This is just a different version, different to the DH or DW/RT one in place.

Righteous Fury
This is triggered if you roll a 10 on one or more damage dice.
Make a BS test and add 1D10 to the damage for every DoS you pass up to the number of 10s rolled on your damage and to a minimum of 1d10.
ie a weapon rolls 2 10s on its damage dice. If the player passes their confirmation BS test by 1 DoS they get to add 1 additional d10. If they pass by 2 or more DoS they add 2D10. If they pass by no DoS they still add 1d10.

Thus weapons that increase in damage dice won't be continually adding extra damage as it's all in the single roll.

Hellebore

Can't say that approach is to my taste, but wouldn't it be smoother just to use the initial BS or WS test (or the confirmation one, in cases where it's not vs xenos) instead of a new one ?

Either way, in most cases that will mean +1d10 or +2d10, as most weapons don't have more dice.

Well I'm thinking that something like the 6d10 lascannon shouldn't be doing 100+ damage, or any of the other heavy/special weapons.

What this does is work the same way as the current RF (roll for confirmation) but it doesn't simply grant a whole additional attack combined, instead incrementally increasing damage based on the DoS.

To me it's far more elegant than just more dice = more chance of continually causing damage.

Hellebore