An explanation of the reprint, please.

By Creevy, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Hello. I'm a new poster interesed in buying the Game of Thrones board game. However, after doing some research I saw that Fantasy Flight is reprinting the game. I'd like to know exactly what this entails. Would it just be making more of the same game? Would they fix problems with it, such as typos, misprints, etc.? Or would it completely change the look and possibly some of the rules of the game?

Basically, should I spend my money buying the game now, or should I wait half a year until a drastically updated version comes out?

Thanks in advance,

Creevy

Lol, can anybody tell me? Please?

I doubt there will be any drastic changes. Perhaps they've changed some of the things that has been errataed or clarified later and perhaps it's just another print run with no change at all.

I would get the Game now & enjoy it, a reprint is not going to be a drastic change.At most they may include some of the material available in the support section.

OD

I chose to buy it now instead of waiting. I don't regret the decision at all. It's a great game. The copies I bought had some issuces like I posted earlier but FFG is sending me parts. So all and all I am very pleased.

If you wait you only get the base game. The expansion will take even longer to get the to printer.

Well, it looks like I'll have to wait anyways. I can't find this board game in stock anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be found?

My game shop had two complete set, I picked one up then the next time I went the other set was gone too. It's gonna start being hard to get until the reprint I think.

On that same note, I saw that the reprint was listed as "in development". Does anyone know what that *typically* means for timetable? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

I don't know ETA, but one thing is for sure: AGOT is one of the best tactic/strategic boardgames I've ever played.

Here in Italy it's impossible to find in stores. Fortunately in our Games Club we have a copy of the core game and a copy of the expansion...

My personal collection is waiting for the reprint...

Creevy, there's a single new copy at Gamescape game shop on Divisadero Street in San Francisco. I'm sure they'll send it to you if you pay for postage.

Is there any released teasers on potential changes to this game?

Thanks

It's a reprint. No significant changes should be made besides errata fixes.

Knowing FFG they won't change any rules or include additional material. They may fix typos and other stuff from the Errata, but that'll be all.

The core game ist out of stock all across the country. If you can find a copy somewhere, get it! The expansions can still be found on the shelves of game stores...rarely anyone buys them if the core game is out of stock.

I'm more interested in finding out when the reprint is scheduled for. I couldn't find any reliable information. Anyone know more?

The only change I'm thinking we MIGHT see is the inclusion of Ports in the base set. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to play the game once or twice and see how broken the game is without them.