Rules clarifications

By koleeko, in Anima: The Card Game

I bought Anima: Shadow of Omega the other day and had some questions on the rules.

1. Can players ever discard their advantage cards in order to make room for new ones?

2. If a reward, encounter card (such as the Inn), or advantage card (betrayal) allows you to recruit (or steal) a character and you are already at 4 characters in your party, what happens? Can you trade out one of your guys for the new one?

3. The way I understand it, you have to move, explore a new horizon or rest on each turn. If you rest, you have to leave the area you are in. This seems to imply that you can't stay in an area for more than one turn. Does this also apply to missions? The resistance missions seem to require you to stay in the same place for multiple turns. Are they the exception to the rule?

4. How many times can you explore an area on the same turn? Can you just keep exploring on the same turn until something stops you or you decide you are done?

1)Yes

2)No

3)Yes

4)Only one

i always assumped that you can continue to "move" in the same location. Resting would kick you out of the area, but that also depends on what style of game you are playing (full map) the full map would make it interesting to have to move all the time.

I think strictly speaking you cannot swap out advantage cards if you get more than your hand limit.

If you choose to house rule this, it makes for easier game play and more choices, however if you stick to original rules, it makes it more viable for people to get 'charity' during the reset phase.

krazykidpsx said:

i always assumped that you can continue to "move" in the same location. Resting would kick you out of the area, but that also depends on what style of game you are playing (full map) the full map would make it interesting to have to move all the time.

This is the way we play. You can choose to not move and stay in the area that you are already in. I don't believe that it strictly says you HAVE TO MOVE. Of course, you still have to obey the other rules. For example If you choose to stay in an area, the rules state that you cannot Recruit from the same area on two consecutive turns. This lends further credence to the fact that you can choose to stay in an area.

koleeko said:

I bought Anima: Shadow of Omega the other day and had some questions on the rules.

1. Can players ever discard their advantage cards in order to make room for new ones?

2. If a reward, encounter card (such as the Inn), or advantage card (betrayal) allows you to recruit (or steal) a character and you are already at 4 characters in your party, what happens? Can you trade out one of your guys for the new one?

3. The way I understand it, you have to move, explore a new horizon or rest on each turn. If you rest, you have to leave the area you are in. This seems to imply that you can't stay in an area for more than one turn. Does this also apply to missions? The resistance missions seem to require you to stay in the same place for multiple turns. Are they the exception to the rule?

4. How many times can you explore an area on the same turn? Can you just keep exploring on the same turn until something stops you or you decide you are done?

1. Certainly, during the reset phase you discard unwanted advantage cards to the advantage card discard pile.

2.You can discard a character card, but only during the reset phase. If you make it to the explore phase and still have 4 characters, you are too late to be able to choose recruit as a reward until the next turn.

3.You may stay in an area more than one turn unless something forces you out. During the reset phase, in fact, you must state your intentions to leave the area you are in if you wish to do so.

4.You may explore once, and only once, during the explore phase.