Sea Battles questions

By TwerkinIceCream, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

so me and my friends just started playing and were wondering how the sea battles went.

How is damage on the ship actually done? does the ship have armor or does it just automatically take the amount on the dice

another thing is, do you lose fatigue if you try to swing onto a ship and fall into the water as well as lose two movement?

so far thats it

Thanks guys

Xavier2119 said:

so me and my friends just started playing and were wondering how the sea battles went.

1. How is damage on the ship actually done? does the ship have armor or does it just automatically take the amount on the dice

2. another thing is, do you lose fatigue if you try to swing onto a ship and fall into the water as well as lose two movement?

so far thats it

Thanks guys

1. SoB pg26
Ships cannot be damaged by normal weapons or monster attacks. Only cannon attacks and attacks that specifically state that they can damage a ship ever do any damage to ships. Aside from those attacks, a ship may take damage from sailing into an obstacle (see page 29) or from ramming or being rammed by another ship.

SoB pg26
A figure that is adjacent to a cannon may spend one of its attacks to fire the cannon. The figure targets a space within the cannon’s firing arc (as described below), then rolls an attack using the cannon as his weapon. Range and line of sight are calculated from the front half of the cannon. If the attack hits, it deals damage to any ship in the target space . If there is a figure in the space, there is a chance that it will suffer damage as well (see “Cannon Inaccuracy” on this page). If the attack misses, it misses entirely.
Damage inflicted by cannons cannot be reduced by Armor or Shields . Ironskin has no effect on cannon damage either.

The ship is not anywhere stated to have armour, so it does not. Even if it did, this would not help against cannon attacks.
Therefore, yes, the ship just takes the amount of damage indicated on the dice.

2. SoB pg25
...However, the effects of any terrain the figure ends his swing in still takes effect.
If you fall into the water you lose the fatigue or wounds. You don't lose any movement though because you have already paid the movement cost to enter that space, through the swing (3MP to use the Rope ship station)
Further proof on FAQ pg4
Q: If movement point costs are ignored by figures suffereing Knockback (or smaller movement styles like Swinging on a Rope, Jumping, and Climbing out of a Pit), do they still pay Fatigue penalties (such as Sea of Blood's deep water?)
A: Yes.