Firing cannons

By gran_orco, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

- How many times can a hero fire the same cannon in a turn? Could he fight to attack two times?

I think that the fatigue token is only there to show whether or not it can cool off, but it is not a ship station. Is it?

gran_orco said:

- How many times can a hero fire the same cannon in a turn? Could he fight to attack two times?

I think that the fatigue token is only there to show whether or not it can cool off, but it is not a ship station. Is it?

The cannon is definitely not a ship station.
It does appear to be the case that a canon can be fired multiple times in the same turn (though many will risk exploding). I'm not sure whether that is intended or not, but that is definitely what the rules give us.

Thank you Corbon. If a cannon explodes, should the cannon be discarded, or is it recovered again at the beginning of the next encounter? By logic, I suppose that it is discarded, but Descent is sometimes illogical. happy.gif

gran_orco said:

Thank you Corbon. If a cannon explodes, should the cannon be discarded, or is it recovered again at the beginning of the next encounter? By logic, I suppose that it is discarded, but Descent is sometimes illogical. happy.gif

SoB pg27
... When a hot cannon is fired, if a miss result is rolled on its normal attack dice, the cannon explodes and is destroyed !

Stuff that is destroyed is always lost, never returns next encounter.

A cannon is not a ship's station, but it cannot be fired multiple times in a single turn.

Page 26: Whether a cannon attack hits or not, place a fatigue token on the cannon like a ship’s station that has been manned. Remove fatigue tokens from cannons at the same time they are removed from ship’s stations.

James McMurray said:

A cannon is not a ship's station, but it cannot be fired multiple times in a single turn.

Page 26: Whether a cannon attack hits or not, place a fatigue token on the cannon like a ship’s station that has been manned. Remove fatigue tokens from cannons at the same time they are removed from ship’s stations.

So, there is a fatigue token on it.
Where does it say that means it cannot be fired?
All the fatigue token does is prevent it from cooling...

Sure, if that's how you choose to read it. I take "like a station" to mean that if it has a fatigue token "like a station" then it should be treated "like a station witha fatigue token on it". As always in the hyper-anal world of the interwebz rules lawyer, YMMV.

Maybe another question to add to the FAQ?