new years resolutions

By blasphemous hero, in Odds & Ends

title says it all one thing though whatever you put here you have to carry it out anywho i'll start my resolution is to be a hero to somebody

I want to learn how to play guitar. Which shouldn't be too hard to carry out, seeing as I've already started.

good luck with that i tryied once but my lackluster motavation prevented my from getting anywhere

Oh, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I've been wanting to learn for a few years now, but never actually had a guitar. Now I do.

you get it for christmas or something

No, I got it a few months ago. But I couldn't really teach myself, cause every time I tried, I couldn't. But I got a "Learn Guitar" kit for christmas so now I can learn.

you know any songs or still learning cords

I'm not even on chords yet. My hands are really small so I'm just trying to figure out how to play and not screw up all the time. But I did teach myself how to play "You Are My Sunshine", if that counts for anything.

thats better than what i can do my only two songs are the hit all the cords at once song and than the all the cords at once backwards song

Nice. I play those sometimes as well. Really fun, huh? I'm also trying to learn guitar so that I can accompany myself for a solo at my choir's Spring Soire. All I have to do is get good enough that I can play the accoustic part for "you Are My Sunshine", and I'll be set.

just keep playing you are my sunshine over and over i have confidence you'll get it btw is your guitar electric or acoustic

Acoustic. And if I want to accompany myself while singing that song, I need to learn the part for the guitar, not the main tune which is what I know how to play.

i thought it was probly acoustic and if you dont learn in time what are you gonna do

i never make any. i never keep them

blasphemous hero said:

i thought it was probly acoustic and if you dont learn in time what are you gonna do

I'll just perform a different song. But I really hope I can learn it in time.

whats a spring soire anyway

It's just this performance where the Vocal Jazz group, Voices (the female singing group at my school), the choir, and several solos, duets, trios, and quartets all do songs. I'm in the Choir, Vocal Jazz group, Voices, and I'll be doing a solo. There's also the Winter Soire, and I'm performing a solo in that too.

with all that stuff hopefully your voice wont go out

It didn't last year. But then again, one can never know when they're going to get sick.

^^^ Iyou'll be fine, as I've said a million times before, and you'll kill guitar like nothing else =]

In terms of my NYR, well it was to be able to save enough money to make it to gencon, but given recent events that wont be likely...

shak-auspride said:

In terms of my NYR, well it was to be able to save enough money to make it to gencon, but given recent events that wont be likely...

That sucks. And Digi and I were most likely going to both be going, too.

yeah I'll fill you in on msn next time I catch you there, but suffice to say its all but impossible for me to make it due to recent circumstances

thats to bad shak i know you were looking forward to that

yeah I had been saving for ages and everything, but I guess thats how life plays out in the end. Hopefully my other resolution (its a seeecret XD) can come to be =]

argh i hate secrets