What will be the best way to purchase this game if I live in Australia?

By Fatboy Chubby, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

G'day!

I live in Australia (which now that Oprah Winfrey has visited, means that everybody else in the world knows where that is!) and I was wondering if anybody might know the best way to buy this game. Currently the Ozzie dollar is at near parity with the US dollar so, should I buy it from the US and ship it here or wait and buy it in Oz?

US price will probably be half of Ozzie price but I will need to add postage which will probably even things out!

I also have no idea of how far behind the US release date it will appear on Ozzie shores and then I need to consider the inevitable monthly expansions and how I also get them.

So does anybody know if you can sign up in advance for ongoing delivery of initial release and subsequent expansions like a subscription service that will offer discounts?

Many thanks,

Fatboy Chubby

I have all of my LCG's on constant order at my FLGS he brings in them all for me as his distributor has him on standing order as well. I am sure any store would be happy to set that up. Also having recently sold some stuff on ebay and shipped it to Australia(which I knew where it was long before Oprah I am sure) its very expensive to ship down there and very slow if you don't use air mail which is crazy expensive. Now keep in mind I am in Canada so it might be less to ship from US as its closer, not by much though. Really I would say support your local store and buy local. Less hassle involved and less waiting.

I personally like http://www.gamesparadise.com.au

Other than that, I agree, support your local gaming store!

(edit: info obsolete)

Edited by The_Grognard
info obsolete

Milsims Games would also be a good bet. www.milsims.com.au/ . They have some good offers on too.

Fatboy Chubby said:

I live in Australia (which now that Oprah Winfrey has visited, means that everybody else in the world knows where that is!)

Who's Oprah Winfrey?

Just kidding!

Even here in Europe (Germany), I've heard about her. But I don't think I've actually ever seen her on TV. Is she really that popular in the rest of the world?

She's popular among superstitious single mothers.