My Doom Paintings

By E-Talker, in Doom

Hello guys,

Last summer I was painting some of my doom miniatures (from the original set). It takes quite a while to paint the things so I haven't finished all of them yet. I'm going to continue painting them after my exams. Also got the expansion of doom and I plan on painting those too. Anyhow I hope to get some opinions about the mini's because i would like to improve my skills. Oh and about the colors, I didn't copy the colors of the real doom game because i wanted to give my own fantasy a chance altough some of them have much in common. Gotta admit they aren't all that pretty (first mini's i've ever painted in my life :P ).

MANCUBUS

one of my latest paintings, I made 2 of those and actually I'm quite proud of these ones. For me they are my best painted mini's.
I have put a lot of effort in painting the cables and getting some shades around. Also the head was difficult, but i think my other mancubus got a nicer head then this one :P

Mancubus01-1.jpg Mancubus01-2.jpg
Mancubus01-3.jpg Mancubus01-4.jpg

(hope i post the pictures the right way :P )

DEMON

this is one of my most early paintings. Not quite like the pink game monsters but i like this one better. With the blood I tried to create the look of fur on the demon. And then parts of the mechanic part coming trough.. These are quity nasty demons with lots of blood as you can see if the links work :P

Demon04-1.jpg Demon04-2.jpg
Demon04-3.jpg Demon04-4.jpg

and what do you guys think? oh and by the way.. don't forget the pictures are bigger then the real thing :D

I like your painted Demon, nice job aplauso.gif .

thnx mate, I have 4 of those! :)

does anyone know how I can make these pictures show up in the topic itself? And by the way, is it possible to edit your own post because i can't find the button..

It's the fourth symbol from the right.

Mancubus01-1.jpg

and edit is right next to the "reply #x" but only for a limited amount of time.

Ok then I'll repost the whole thing, perhaps someone can edit my first post? I can't..

Hello guys,

Last summer I was painting some of my doom miniatures (from the original set). It takes quite a while to paint the things so I haven't finished all of them yet. I'm going to continue painting them after my exams. Also got the expansion of doom and I plan on painting those too. Anyhow I hope to get some opinions about the mini's because i would like to improve my skills. Oh and about the colors, I didn't copy the colors of the real doom game because i wanted to give my own fantasy a chance altough some of them have much in common. Gotta admit they aren't all that pretty (first mini's i've ever painted in my life :P ).

MANCUBUS

one of my latest paintings, I made 2 of those and actually I'm quite proud of these ones. For me they are my best painted mini's.
I have put a lot of effort in painting the cables and getting some shades around. Also the head was difficult, but i think my other mancubus got a nicer head then this one :P . I've got 2 mancubuses like this

Mancubus01-1.jpg Mancubus01-3.jpg
Mancubus01-2.jpg Mancubus01-4.jpg

DEMON

this is one of my most early paintings. Not quite like the pink game monsters but i like this one better. With the blood I tried to create the look of fur on the demon. And then parts of the mechanic part coming trough.. These are quity nasty demons with lots of blood as you can see. I have 4 pretty guys like this one.

Demon04-1.jpg Demon04-3.jpg
Demon04-2.jpg Demon04-4.jpg

and what do you guys think? oh and by the way.. don't forget the pictures are bigger then the real thing :D

Those look very, very nice for a first paintjob aplauso.gif

If you want to improve your technique, you can try experimenting with drybrushing and washes a bit, they add more depth to the miniature. A fairly good guide for drybrushing miniatures is

happy.gif

The Doom miniatures are partuclarly great for painting, as they have a fair amount of detail, allowing plenty of highlighting, without drowning you in fiddly bits.

thank you very much for the hints! actually i allready knew about drybrushing but i forgot about it haha

anyhow, if you like to see more --> http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/predator32123/
there are all of my paintings except 1 at this point :)

perhaps someone can indicate me about my better work? and about the worst ones .. altough i might guess those myself too angel.gif
that way i know which ones to paint alike and which ones to give a new try hehe