Three small questions

By guest461286, in Anima: The Card Game

At the Tree Structure for areas variant::are all the area cards begin in play at the start of the game so there isn't any Seek New Horizons choise in the Movement phase?

And,do we check in every phase who has the highest speed?For example,If I have the highest speed in the Reset phase I play first.Next,in the Movement phase if onother player has higher speed than me will he go first?

Last,when you lose your turn, according to the rulebook,you can not take any actions until the end of the turn.Can you still play Advantage cards?

Thanks for the support!

MoonShadow said:

At the Tree Structure for areas variant::are all the area cards begin in play at the start of the game so there isn't any Seek New Horizons choise in the Movement phase?

And,do we check in every phase who has the highest speed?For example,If I have the highest speed in the Reset phase I play first.Next,in the Movement phase if onother player has higher speed than me will he go first?

Last,when you lose your turn, according to the rulebook,you can not take any actions until the end of the turn.Can you still play Advantage cards?

Thanks for the support!

In tree structure, there is no seek new horizon's step because you cant take the action. so you skip the physical action of seeking new horizons. remember though if you get kicked out of area 3 you have to start back at area 1. unless of course you have an ability that lets you go to ANY location.

in terms of speed id just pass the priority to another player at the end of turn. this makes it so that not one player always takes the first action.

when you lose your turn, its is talking about physically being involved of what would consist of your turn. both the turn and the phases are shared but the actions within them are not. So even if 4 players are in a movement phase, each player does their move individually and not in a combined group. same for Exploration. what Losing your turn means is that you cannot be apart of the phases. Lets say somebody for some crazy reason targets you with an advantage card, you can respond to this because you are physically being targeted outside of what the game considered "your" turn. :D

hope this helps.

Thank you very very much!!!

At the bottom of page 11 in the instruction book, it addresses speed changes. It says "If a Party's Speed is modified during the Reset phase, the order of play remains the same until the following turn."

We ran into that same question a while back and found that after reading the instructions again. I guess we should read them a little closer next time instead of getting all excited and missing things.