Dark Charm, again :P

By gran_orco, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I know that a player under dark charm cannot obtain the command bonus from another heroe because it adds the bonus to allies ; but can the OL use the passive abilities of the hero, like +2 damage or similar, that does not require fatigue? In other words, can the ol use card (and hero) abilities when he is using dark charm?

Another question: can the ol use two dark charm in the same turn with two different heroes?

I think that both questions were answered before, and the answers were "yes to the first and no to the second one", but I cannot find them.

yes on both question.

I agree with Enti. The first one is definitely yes (if it's not in the FAQ then maybe the GLOAQ? I know it's been brought up before though.)

As for the second part, the only triggering condition on Dark Charm is "play at the start of your turn" and the start of your turn isn't over until you move into the monster activation phase. I suppose there's the whole "one card per triggering event" rule, but I'm not quite sure how that applies to "the start of your turn." You can definitely play a power card and a spawn card, for example, although you can only play one of each, I suppose. Is there a similar limitation on trap cards for start of turn?

It would seem reasonable, but I'm not sure if it's so. Assuming, for a moment, that you can play two DCs, though, I don't see anything that would prevent you from playing them both on the same hero. Perhaps that's argument enough to disallow it.

Steve-O said:

I agree with Enti. The first one is definitely yes (if it's not in the FAQ then maybe the GLOAQ? I know it's been brought up before though.)

As for the second part, the only triggering condition on Dark Charm is "play at the start of your turn" and the start of your turn isn't over until you move into the monster activation phase. I suppose there's the whole "one card per triggering event" rule, but I'm not quite sure how that applies to "the start of your turn." You can definitely play a power card and a spawn card, for example, although you can only play one of each, I suppose. Is there a similar limitation on trap cards for start of turn?

It would seem reasonable, but I'm not sure if it's so. Assuming, for a moment, that you can play two DCs, though, I don't see anything that would prevent you from playing them both on the same hero. Perhaps that's argument enough to disallow it.

The sentence "Only one trap card may be played per triggering condition", maybe? serio.gif That is why I have that doubt.

gran_orco said:

Steve-O said:

The sentence "Only one trap card may be played per triggering condition", maybe? serio.gif That is why I have that doubt.

hmm... you might be on to something here. i didn't think about that. this could actually limit dark charm.

You're limited to one card of each type per triggering condition. You can play both a Trap card and an Event card at the start of your turn (in addition to a Spawn and a Power card, if you want), but you can't play two Trap cards or two Event cards.

But are you suggesting then that if for some reason (as unusual a case as it may be) I have enough threat to play two power cards in one turn I would be unable to?

Cyrelc said:

But are you suggesting then that if for some reason (as unusual a case as it may be) I have enough threat to play two power cards in one turn I would be unable to?

Yes