Land Mines?

By Shooter, in Dust Tactics

Land mines of course were a commonly used weapon during WWII and remain in use even today. I'm wondering if FFG should release a unit that has a special ability to plant land mines. This would of course mean that the player would need to write down where the mine is located and reveal it when an enemy walker enters the square. I'm thinking it should be a limited use item like grenade launchers and panzerfaust. Also I don't think that a mine should take out a walker entirely. I'm thinking 1 or 2 hits at the most against it's allocation.

I would do something along the lines a scenario where of both team can have mines the write down which square it is and start to play. When your opponent walks on the square then it activates and does X amount of damage. Friendly units should be able to walk over it knowing where the mines are. I personally would make the damage be like a flamethrower except on vehicles it does 1 or 2 hit points.

I came up with this but i havent play tested it but from what i see it seems ok to use.

Landmines

-Before any models are deployed each player picks a square and writes it down.
-The square can be any one of them except the squares of the opponents deployment.
-When an enemy unit moves on top of the square the mines detonate.
1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4
Mine 4/1 3/1 2/1 1/1 3/1 2/1 2/1 1/1 - - - - - - -
-Air Vehicles will not detonate the mine.
-Tanks with higher armor value will detonate the mines even though no damage will happen.
-Mines detonate only once.