What's the fastest way to get this game?

By Narsil0420, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Hey experienced FFG buyers out there!

I realized I haven't ever anticipated a game as much as this one and so haven't tried to get a game as soon as possible from FFG. I was wonder what your experience has been with pre-ordering and getting a game from them. Is ordering directly from FFG the fastest way to get the game (I live in California) or would amazon or another retailer be quicker? Thanks for chiming in!

-Narsil

Narsil0420 said:

Hey experienced FFG buyers out there!

I realized I haven't ever anticipated a game as much as this one and so haven't tried to get a game as soon as possible from FFG. I was wonder what your experience has been with pre-ordering and getting a game from them. Is ordering directly from FFG the fastest way to get the game (I live in California) or would amazon or another retailer be quicker? Thanks for chiming in!

-Narsil

I've only ordered from FFG once and it took them a week just to put my order in the mail. I don't know if it is always that slow but since then I only order from Potomac or minaturemarket if I want things within a few days.

Go the a con were it is presented and take it. xD

MOST of the time I have had really good turn times from FFG.

However, last time was pretty so-so (about a week). It was funny actually, I bought a bunch to have it ready for the Days of Ice and Fire at FFG's HQ in Minny...I was expecting it a day or two before I left. I get an e-mail the day I leave saying it has shipped, from the place I was driving to! Drat!

Narsil0420 said:

Is ordering directly from FFG the fastest way to get the game (I live in California) or would amazon or another retailer be quicker? Thanks for chiming in!

Direct from FFG is acceptably quick ... but not lightning-quick, as you seem to be interested in.

Forget Amazon; they are next to useless from new game releases. They just aren't set up to handle them. You'll end up extremely frustrated.

When I experience an It Must Be Mine! moment, I always go straight to a retailer that specializes in games. My personal choice is Noble Knight Games — quick, reliable, trustworthy. There are other good ones out there, too (Funagain, B&B, etc.). Establish an account at one of them, make sure your address and CC info. is correct, then start mashing the button when the game is announced.

I'll be doing Noble Knight for this game — it's a Day One purchase for me.

To my knowledge most "release date" sort of products ie: movies/music/games are usually shipped to stores and distributors before the actual release date so that they can put the product out on that date. You might want to check with a local gaming store and ask if they'd be receiving the game that way.

In cases like this I feel fortunate to live near Fantasy Flight HQ. I've already seen some upcoming games on display at the Event Center, like Mansions of Madness. cool.gif

TheDukester said:

When I experience an It Must Be Mine! moment, I always go straight to a retailer that specializes in games. My personal choice is Noble Knight Games — quick, reliable, trustworthy. There are other good ones out there, too (Funagain, B&B, etc.). Establish an account at one of them, make sure your address and CC info. is correct, then start mashing the button when the game is announced.

Thank you for this link. I was skimming the threads, searching for some news about the release date of this LCG, and I read your post. Never ever heard of them, but thanks to you I found a game I've been searching for years. Thank you!

In my experience the fastest way to make a game appear in your FLGS is to order it from one of the well-known mail-order places :)

100% success with that technique so far :/