Indiana Jones 2: The Curse of the Dark Pharaoh

By guest455987, in Fan Creations

I liked this for the theme. It was fun to read. It's too bad it doesn't actually use the Dark Pharoah herald ;') then it'd actually be somewhat difficult. If you used that and some of the Indiana Jones rules (applied to a random investigator at the start of the game), it'd actually make for an interesting general herald/scenario.

Avi, it does use the herald (see the top of the right side). It would be too easy otherwise.

If you don't like using IJ, specifically, you can always substitute Monterey Jack.

Grudunza said:

Avi, it does use the herald (see the top of the right side). It would be too easy otherwise.

If you don't like using IJ, specifically, you can always substitute Monterey Jack.

Ohhh, this makes a lot more sense now ;'D I didn't read the bold black parts (I was just reading for content and I'm not used to there being anything there).

I like that idea. Maybe I'll play Jack, Mandy, aaaand... Hmmm, Ursula? Without the snakes :')

Just curious, why does it matter that Indiana loses all his exhibit items if the game is a draw? Does your campaign allow for carried over items?

Oooo... I might play this variant with my Nyarlathotep variant (although I'd have to modify how The Dark Pharoah worked, perhaps only removing the monster limit at doom track nine, and only resurrecting the dead monsters at doom track 11, and I'd want to keep his toughness at the normal amount). Heee hee hee... Yeah. I think I'll try it.

Would you mind if I turned an abridged decontextualized version of this into a herald one of these weeks when I have a bit more time (probably in early January)?

Arrgh, these forums suck... Why is it so hard to quote things properly?? Seriously, how do you quote things? It would seem to be brackets with "quote" inside, but that doesn't work right. Anyway, I'm sure you can find the relevant replies below...

Just curious, why does it matter that Indiana loses all his exhibit items if the game is a draw? Does your campaign allow for carried over items?

Well, the idea is that if he loses his Exhibit Items, then the game ends in a draw instead of a win. He is, of course, after artifacts more than anything, so if he doesn't end up with any, it wouldn't seem like a victory. I haven't really thought yet about campaign rules, but it would seem like this series should have some overarching campaign to it. Maybe, at the end of each scenario, he can keep one Item of any kind to add to his starting supply for the next game...

Oooo... I might play this variant with my Nyarlathotep variant (although I'd have to modify how The Dark Pharoah worked, perhaps only removing the monster limit at doom track nine, and only resurrecting the dead monsters at doom track 11, and I'd want to keep his toughness at the normal amount). Heee hee hee... Yeah. I think I'll try it.

I'm afraid to try your Nyarly variant. :oP

Would you mind if I turned an abridged decontextualized version of this into a herald one of these weeks when I have a bit more time (probably in early January)?

By all means...

I should note that I've changed the Mission's sacrifice to "1 Clue token and 1 Stamina". It seemed way too expensive before. Although, perhaps it should require one more location now... And the Exhibit item gained is immune to the herald's These Things Are Mine effect. Odds are, in a COTDP game, you'll be able to find at least one Exhibit Item, but that Mission is a fail-safe, at least. The image should reflect the change after a while.

Grudunza said:

Arrgh, these forums suck... Why is it so hard to quote things properly?? Seriously, how do you quote things? It would seem to be brackets with "quote" inside, but that doesn't work right. Anyway, I'm sure you can find the relevant replies below...

Well, the idea is that if he loses his Exhibit Items, then the game ends in a draw instead of a win. He is, of course, after artifacts more than anything, so if he doesn't end up with any, it wouldn't seem like a victory. I haven't really thought yet about campaign rules, but it would seem like this series should have some overarching campaign to it. Maybe, at the end of each scenario, he can keep one Item of any kind to add to his starting supply for the next game...

I'm afraid to try your Nyarly variant. :oP

By all means...

I should note that I've changed the Mission's sacrifice to "1 Clue token and 1 Stamina". It seemed way too expensive before. Although, perhaps it should require one more location now... And the Exhibit item gained is immune to the herald's These Things Are Mine effect. Odds are, in a COTDP game, you'll be able to find at least one Exhibit Item, but that Mission is a fail-safe, at least. The image should reflect the change after a while.

I'll probably stick with your 2 clues and one unique item cost, and no immunity from the These Things are Mine effect for the herald. Since it wouldn't just be for COTDP games getting that Exhibit Item will be necessary (probably).

I just realized that your answers were in the quote field ;'D this is why I never quote... I can never get the **** thing to work.

Don't be afraid of the Nyarlathotep variant. It just wants to be your friend. A dear sweet cannibal friend.

Oh, by the way, I'd be more than happy if *you* turned this into a herald as well ;'D (it'd save me from a bit of work).

Heh... Anyhoo, gluck with your series or campaign or whatever it ends up being.

I definitely need to convince our group to try these scenarios. Will wait with interest the next one happy.gif .