Candles of Corpses

By Oldster, in War of the Ring

Hi, I have a question or two. Text on the Candles of Corpses says "Play only if the Fellowship's last known position is in a Region that does not contain a Free Peoples Settlement."

Can I use it when the Fellowship is already in Mordor??

Oldster said:

Hi, I have a question or two. Text on the Candles of Corpses says "Play only if the Fellowship's last known position is in a Region that does not contain a Free Peoples Settlement."

Can I use it when the Fellowship is already in Mordor??

Would you say the LKP is in a Free People Settlement when the FSP is in Mordor gui%C3%B1o.gif ? In other words, you can use it.

Thanks Dam. So, from the rules point of view in Mordor position of the Fellowship is declared after every move?

Oldster said:

Thanks Dam. So, from the rules point of view in Mordor position of the Fellowship is declared after every move?

I don't think it matters as IIRC there aren't any cards that have "when FSP is in Mordor" requirement. Most cards are either FSP revealed or LKP not in a Free People Settlement region or not in a FP Settlement.

Once the Fellowship is on the Mordor Track, that is its location. It is not in any Region, so declaring doesn't matter anymore.