Maximum Trade

By scimon, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Am I right in thinking the 27 trade on the counter is the max you can have at any point?

See here's why I ask, on Saturday playing the Russians I had got to two level 4 techs and had got 25 trade that turn. Then I used Horse back riding to gain 9 more, but f course could only get to 27.

Then in Movement the Germans jumped up and down on one of my armies stealing 3 trade and nuked the city that had just built two more (got to love Engineering). So defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Well it would have been if there hadn't been an Egyptian army nearby willing to give me 3 trade.

Now I'm not complaining, I think it made the game more interesting, if I'd been on 34 trade it would have been a lot less tense. But I'd like to check.

27 is the max. In the rules: page 14, column 2, second paragraph.

TK

Tim Kelly said:

27 is the max. In the rules: page 14, column 2, second paragraph.

TK

Doh. Note to self, next time read the rules again. Still it does mean you have a chance to stop that pesky Russian Tech victory.

scimon said:

Doh. Note to self, next time read the rules again. Still it does mean you have a chance to stop that pesky Russian Tech victory.

Unless he's smart enough to not have any armies for you to plunder (or at least not have them near your armies). Somebody going for space flight needs to get their armies as far away from opposing armies as possible.

See I figured that one out at the same point everyone else did. Anyway, my armies were having loads of fun pillaging everyones tech.