Wardens of the North typo?

By timmfiji, in Battles of Westeros

I just picked up WotN a few days ago and on the Trident guys' card it has Polearm and Disarm, but the only keyword entry in the book they discuss is Deflect. I am going to assume they meant Disarm, but just wanted to see if I could get a clarification.

We're trying our hand at 2 on 2 today, should be fun with both expansions!

Is there rules for 2 on 2 in WOTN? Can you elaborate PLEASE???!!!!!!!!

Yes a little more info on WoTN would be appreciated.CoolStuff notice me It was shipped on 11/23 but I still haven't llorando.gif received it yet!

OD

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the 2 on 2 were in WotN. My friends and I have a homebrew set of rules for it until we get an epic expansion. The game was really fun. I'd like to play the trident bearers more because they seemed overpowered (defensively), but more likely it was Lannister commanders' faults.

Well I guess I'll have to wait on WoTN...UPS claims they delivered it yesterday sad.gif but the package they delivered was for my wife,so now CoolStuff has to put a trace on it.. enfadado.gif

OD

Well whoever UPS delivered my WoTN to, they left it on my porch this PM so it's all good gran_risa.gif

OD

timmfiji said:

I just picked up WotN a few days ago and on the Trident guys' card it has Polearm and Disarm, but the only keyword entry in the book they discuss is Deflect. I am going to assume they meant Disarm, but just wanted to see if I could get a clarification.

Now that I've finally got mine, I see what you mean preocupado.gif Disarm has to be a Typo on the Trident Unit Keyword.The fluff under the Manderly Unit in the Rules even mentions Tridents are used to Deflect.

OD

timmfiji said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the 2 on 2 were in WotN. My friends and I have a homebrew set of rules for it until we get an epic expansion. The game was really fun. I'd like to play the trident bearers more because they seemed overpowered (defensively), but more likely it was Lannister commanders' faults.

What are your house rules for 2 v 2? I'm really interested in hearing them?

Honestly there's nothing fancy about them, just a way to get 4 people playing with each having their own commander

1) Lannister original and Lannister (expansion) vs. Stark original and expansion stark.

2) We split the skirmish cards so that each commander draws 1 from their respective leader versions (expansion and original) of the skirmish cards minus the commander they chose (this makes sure that new units are drawn and we don't run out of minis), then the team draws 2 skirmish cards from the general ones and we usually let the team decide 4 units between the 2 cards to divvy between the two how they want.

3. As for the leader cards, we give 2 per general that only they can use, and 1 common card (so 5 for the side), and 5 order tokens that anyone can use between them

4. We dont have a set terrain setup. We have a battlelore website we usually pick something and set it up similarly

5. then we do the turn alternating between them (i.e. L1 -> S1 -> L2 ->S2 repeat)

Sorry if it's not clear, we can probably blame the Christmas Ale. I am not arguing these are the best, so if you guys got suggestions I would definitely be welcome to hearing them as improving it would be good but that's how we do it so far. Only done it a couple times. Before the stark expansion, we just let the starks pick whichever commanders.

monk said:

What are your house rules for 2 v 2? I'm really interested in hearing them?

Hi, I've developed a set of rules for 2 vs 2 (or 1 vs 2 with little changes). Little problem: as you probably find out already, english is not my first language and, sadly, I'm not able to translate them accurately from spanish (google translator is not an opcion).

At any case, you can read them in this thread: http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=273&efcid=4&efidt=243201 (Edge is the distributor of some FFG products in Spain). If anybody wants to (or dares) translate them, he/she has permission. Also, I appreciate feedback for improving these rules.

Greetings!