Metalworking resource ability

By Red Pearl, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Battle: when playing a unit from hand, add 3 to the strength of its attack.

The unit that receives this buff does it have 3 more strength (damage and HP) or does it just increace the damage it inflicts by 3?

Just the damage it inflicts. Kevin answered this over at the Geek, so consider it official.

is this ability once per battle, once per turn, or as many times as you have the resource?

thanks

chris

Resource abilities can only be used once per turn, I believe.

It says it adds 3 to the unit's strength when attacking, but it does not say how long it lasts. Does it last until the end of the battle, or just that single attack?

Just that single attack. It's used to help a weak unit defeat a tough unit, even if it's going to die right away anyway. Like your 1-strength archer taking out a 4-strength pikeman or something. I'd make that trade any day.

One of the people I was playing with last night pointed out that nowhere in the text does it actually say it only lasts for that single attack. I agree with you that it is, but it just says "its attack" it doesn't say "its first attack", for example. It'd be nice to have something to show him "Of course it's only for the one attack! Look right here! *points*"

:-D