How many times can we upgrade a ship per week?

By gran_orco, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

The rules say that a hero may purchase one Ship Upgrade or cannon. So, can a hero purchase only one cannon OR two or more if he do not wants any upgrades?

And, if he purchases any upgrade, can he take a cannon? I mean, only one card per week and only one cannon? It is a waste of time to spend one entire week to have one cannon, don't you think?

OL only can do one improvement per turn....so.....why characters will do more than one? That's not fair.

Two cannons shooting one ship can cause enough damage to sink it in few turns, so it's fair that you spend two weeks buying them, as OL only wins 2 victory points (two weeks buying, two points). With 2 points, OL does nothing.

Well, at least, this is my opinion as OL. :-P

Ap0

gran_orco said:

The rules say that a hero may purchase one Ship Upgrade or cannon. So, can a hero purchase only one cannon OR two or more if he do not wants any upgrades?

And, if he purchases any upgrade, can he take a cannon? I mean, only one card per week and only one cannon? It is a waste of time to spend one entire week to have one cannon, don't you think?

There are 4 heroes. They can all use the Shipyard in the same week. So that is 4 ship upgrades in a week for the party. Or mix up upgrades and cannons. Plus healing the Revenge.

SoB pg31
Train
A hero who visits a Shipyard while his party is training in a city may purchase one Ship Upgrade or cannon. In addition, the Revenge may be repaired at a rate of 100 coins per 10 wounds (or fraction thereof). It is possible to repair any number of wounds in a single week, up to the Revenge’s maximum. The
Revenge may be both upgraded and repaired during the same week

There is nothing which says that heroes cannot choose the same building (though perhaps translations could get that wrong) and several places which strongly imply that there is likely to be several heroes using teh same building at once - not to mention that there is effectively only one useful building at Secret Masters and it would be very strange to think it take 4 weeks to train a party at a SM location!

LOL ¡¡¡

I want to see the rules.......4 heroes....4 cannons in one week...... good....XD

Ap0 said:

LOL ¡¡¡

I want to see the rules.......4 heroes....4 cannons in one week...... good....XD

Ap0, you must remember that a ship upgrade requires spending XP by the entire party . So, when a hero purchases one ship upgrade of 5 points, every hero must spend that cost. 3 or 4 upgrades requires, aproximately, 25 XP per hero and a lot of money!

The rules are here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp

gran_orco said:

Ap0 said:

LOL ¡¡¡

Ap0, you must remember that a ship upgrade requires spending XP by the entire party . So, when a hero purchases one ship upgrade of 5 points, every hero must spend that cost. 3 or 4 upgrades requires, aproximately, 25 XP per hero and a lot of money!

The rules are here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp

I wouldn't be so sure about that particular rule (whole party pays XP). It is quite clearly a mistaken answer in the FAQ mislead by an inaccurate question that describes ship upgrades as similar to Tamalir upgrades. It will be questioned before the next FAQ. See this thread .

And cannons don't require XP.

OTOH, any party that buys cannons are a bunch of mugs anyway! (unless the OL is Captain Bones). gui%C3%B1o.gif

oh no.......cannons don't cost XP....and you can buy 4 in one week.... T_T

Ap0 said:

oh no.......cannons don't cost XP....and you can buy 4 in one week.... T_T

Definitely. But unless you are up against Captain Bones... why would you want to? cool.gif