The Parrallel Universe is the Limit.

By Nimon, in Deathwatch House Rules

One thing that needs to be said to all GMs out there that haven't read every 40k book, and might only know the material from Dawn of War ect.. Do not get disheartened by those that have. They obviously do not get the big picture. The fact is there is countless solar systems not to mention the whole concept of the "Warp". So if you put something in your game and they think "but that doesn't exsist in 40k blah blah, and quotes some book by one of the dozen authors of 40k material." Guess what It Does Now. You can not tell me that in the year 41,000+ something somewhere Can Not exist. Here on earth we went from charriots to space travel in a fraction of that . Now granted the 40k atmosphere is what draws people in, but don't let it limit your creativity. You don't like something change it and move on, players don't like it have them GM and you play. Just some advice to those that I notice on the forums that have alot of questions and not many answers, make the answers and stick to them and it will work out.

That is the best way to unnerve seasoned 40k players.

The unknown is far scarier then something you know, no matter what.

SomVone said:

That is the best way to unnerve seasoned 40k players.

The unknown is far scarier then something you know, no matter what.

Well said.

Nimon said:

One thing that needs to be said to all GMs out there that haven't read every 40k book, and might only know the material from Dawn of War ect.. Do not get disheartened by those that have. They obviously do not get the big picture. The fact is there is countless solar systems not to mention the whole concept of the "Warp". So if you put something in your game and they think "but that doesn't exsist in 40k blah blah, and quotes some book by one of the dozen authors of 40k material." Guess what It Does Now. You can not tell me that in the year 41,000+ something somewhere Can Not exist. Here on earth we went from charriots to space travel in a fraction of that . Now granted the 40k atmosphere is what draws people in, but don't let it limit your creativity. You don't like something change it and move on, players don't like it have them GM and you play. Just some advice to those that I notice on the forums that have alot of questions and not many answers, make the answers and stick to them and it will work out.

Amen to that!

I try to stick to the "canonized" version of 40k since my players are 40k-geeks, but once in a while I throw them an "impossible" item just to unnerve them.

You can always unnerve your players by making it related to Chaos... works every time.

I am a hard core 40k fan but im in complete agreement. I'm all for changing things up cause as one said, it's had to have been done somewhere. Plus as a player it makes things fresh and for a GM it gives ALOT more to work with.

We had one game where a guy tried to escape by jumping off a spire tower and floated underneath a huge cloth thing.

I am a big 40k geek, and i whole heartly agree, your the GM so you get to decide what happens, as long as it is fun, you can make it up as you go along, people get too involved in the canon of it, and really lose the fun of a role playing game